Real Estate License before law school Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Aquila

Bronze

Real Estate License before law school

Post by Aquila » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Has anyone gotten their real estate license before law school and if so, did it help or hurt with classes? I have thought about getting licensed in order to gain more personal knowledge about the real estate business for future transactions when I buy property myself.

Thoughts?

js1663

Bronze

Re: Real Estate License before law school

Post by js1663 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am

Just wanna say as a 0L with experience in the real estate sector, I think both that getting a real estate license would be a big waste of time - I know many who've gotten it, it's the dumbest thing in the world and teaches you very little beyond common sense though it does have some regulatory stuff in there (which is irrelevant - if you as a lawyer rely on what's taught in that class... you probably aren't going to be a very good lawyer) . I don't think it's a way of solidifying your interest in that field either.. actual experience would. A simple real estate license doesn't say much. From my experience the only thing having such a license has done for individuals is that when they have to write contracts they ust have to disclose in there that they are a licensed real estate broker.

Basically from a 0L with experience in the real estate sector I think it's a waste of time.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Real Estate License before law school

Post by kalvano » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:38 am

Totally worthless.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”