Will law schools consider the GPA of international students? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
crazyvix

New

Will law schools consider the GPA of international students?

Post by crazyvix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:56 am

I heard that LSAC would only give grading to international students, as Superior, Above Average, Average, Below Average.

But I just checked the stats from TLS, and found out that international students still had their GPA or even LSDAS GPA considered during admission process. My undergrad school gave relatively low GPA, mine is 3.42 according to my transcripts, but I rank 2nd out of 303 students, which lead LSAC to give me a Superior grading.. But I'm still worrying the embarrassing GPA would stand in my way.. Any information here? Thanks a loooot!

Ramius

Gold

Re: Will law schools consider the GPA of international students?

Post by Ramius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 am

What does your grade report say on LSAC, Superior or 3.42? Whatever is on the grades report is what the school will look at when reviewing your application. No use worrying about it until you see what's on the actual report.

crazyvix

New

Re: Will law schools consider the GPA of international students?

Post by crazyvix » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:29 am

matthewsean85 wrote:What does your grade report say on LSAC, Superior or 3.42? Whatever is on the grades report is what the school will look at when reviewing your application. No use worrying about it until you see what's on the actual report.
It has both of them on it... that's what I've been worrying about...

Return to “Ask a Law Student”