Please Help! Enrollment Question. Forum
-
AustinNash

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm
Please Help! Enrollment Question.
I have been accepted to Baylor law for the Summer Quarter. I have to make my decision by February 15th, but I won't have heard back from all the schools I applied to by then. If I pay the $500 deposit fee for Baylor to hold my seat but then decide to go somewhere else before classes start in May, is that okay?
-
mtyler19

- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm
Re: Please Help! Enrollment Question.
Yes, but you most likely won't get your $500 deposit back.AustinNash wrote:I have been accepted to Baylor law for the Summer Quarter. I have to make my decision by February 15th, but I won't have heard back from all the schools I applied to by then. If I pay the $500 deposit fee for Baylor to hold my seat but then decide to go somewhere else before classes start in May, is that okay?
- kalvano

- Posts: 11951
- Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am
Re: Please Help! Enrollment Question.
Wait, and see if you have any other options other than Baylor.
- danielhay11

- Posts: 230
- Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm
Re: Please Help! Enrollment Question.
You should be able to, but check the wording of their enrollment deposit form. One school I got into (NYU, I think?) actually says on its form that, by reserving your seat, you agree to withdraw your applications from all other schools.
I would wait until February 7ish and, if you haven't heard back from other schools, ask Baylor for an extension. Worse they can say is no.
I would wait until February 7ish and, if you haven't heard back from other schools, ask Baylor for an extension. Worse they can say is no.