Wrong scrutiny on Con Law Exam: is it fatal? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Tree

New

Wrong scrutiny on Con Law Exam: is it fatal?

Post by Tree » Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm

So, on one essay question, I made the mistake of applying "strict scrutiny" to gender discrimination, instead of "intermediate"

Assuming my analysis was sound otherwise, and comprehensive, how damning do you think this will be?

reverendt

Bronze

Re: Wrong scrutiny on Con Law Exam: is it fatal?

Post by reverendt » Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 pm

How central was it to the analysis that followed? In other words, is half your exam now wrong?
If not, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
And even if it is....it might ding you a little, but if everything else is solid you should be ok. I'm sure lotsa people make mistakes.

jetlagz28

Bronze

Post by jetlagz28 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm

drop out

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Tree wrote:So, on one essay question, I made the mistake of applying "strict scrutiny" to gender discrimination, instead of "intermediate"

Assuming my analysis was sound otherwise, and comprehensive, how damning do you think this will be?
If you properly applied strict scrutiny analysis, you will probably get credit for being able to apply the standard of scrutiny you chose. So you'll get fewer points than you could have, but unless your professor is a dick, it won't be an unrecoverable mistake.

Since everything is graded on a curve it depends on how your classmates did, too.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Your prof will be in a jam. he or she will probably want to give you some credit if you did it in a logical way, but it'll be rough.

Many people make mistakes on exams though, so it might not be fatal, especially if it was a small part of a question.

And hey, a lot of people think gender should or functionally already does get strict scrutiny... maybe you're just ahead of the curve ;D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”