Common Mistakes in Law School (Udemy) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
Halloween

New

Common Mistakes in Law School (Udemy)

Post by Halloween » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Not great video footage, but a free course about some common mistakes in law school. Very interesting advice.

The content of the PDF's were pretty solid.

Squirm

New

Re: Common Mistakes in Law School (Udemy)

Post by Squirm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Not over preparing for class each day but focusing more on finals makes sense. Review for previous material and study it once you go over it in class because then you have a foundation. Like he says, you aren't graded on lecture, so why prepare yourself too much for class? Fear? If you cap your studying you are taking the big picture approach.

Didn't really think about that, but makes sense.

Interesting stuff.

nick417

Bronze

Re: Common Mistakes in Law School (Udemy)

Post by nick417 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 pm

I don't see a big problem with "over preparing for class." If you are studying the material, and know the material, it will obviously help you later on when you start studying for the exam. My common mistakes:

-Not preparing for class (either not reading OR reading but not understanding the basic aspects of the reading);
-Skipping class;
-Procrastinating with papers (for legal writing) or studying/outlining;
-Not listening during lectures (surfing the internet or something);
-Not participating in class (this is based on the professor, but some do add points for class participation);
-Not having a plan OR thinking about finding a job (either procrastinating on applying for jobs or doing a poor job networking OR searching for a job);
-Taking out too many loans to attend law school.

These is just some of my thoughts.

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”