Boston College Law Class of 2018

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

Which ASW are you going to?

February 20th
9
41%
March 21st
7
32%
Neither
6
27%
 
Total votes: 22

crayNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by crayNow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Hey everyone, I thought I would start this so that we can all share information and ask questions about BC Law, Boston, moving, visits, etc.

Facebook link:

Boston College Law School Class 2018

housing fair dates to come.

Highlights
739 total student enrollment during 2014-15 school year

41 student organizations

11,600 alumni worldwide

56 full-time faculty

68% of BC students receive scholarships

Admitted Student Days
Friday, February 20th
Saturday, March 21st

Deposit deadlines
1st deposit: $500 - by April 15th
2nd deposit: $500 - by June 1st

Congrats to everyone!
Last edited by crayNow on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mdveight

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:04 am

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mdveight » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:05 am

Hey there! Will be attending next year!!

crayNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by crayNow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:52 am

mdveight wrote:Hey there! Will be attending next year!!
Cool! Are you from the area? What about ASW, are you attending one? Has BC always been your number one?

mdveight

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:04 am

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mdveight » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

It was! I'm super excited. I'll be attending the ASW in March. How about you?

wsjarrell

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by wsjarrell » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Pretty sure I'll be attending in the Fall as well, though I wish I would hear something about scholarship offers, admitted fast track back in October and waiting is driving me crazy. I'll be at admitted students day in February, already bought my plane tickets! Congrats to everyone

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


wsjarrell

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by wsjarrell » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey was anyone given access to the Agora Portal or anything like that yet?

bbrown90

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by bbrown90 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Admitted!! :o

I am trying to decide between BC, Tulane, and Iowa. Any thoughts? Anyone else debating? Money of course is a huge factor, I wish they would tell us something...

lawskoolin

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by lawskoolin » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 pm

bbrown90 wrote:Admitted!! :o

I am trying to decide between BC, Tulane, and Iowa. Any thoughts? Anyone else debating? Money of course is a huge factor, I wish they would tell us something...
Where do you want to live post law school? I don't know much about Tulane and Iowa but I think they are pretty regional schools as well, so that's a big factor.

NavyRick

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by NavyRick » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

In on 12/30. I think I'm visiting in February. Torn between a few schools right now

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
psychmusic

Bronze
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by psychmusic » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 pm

.
Last edited by psychmusic on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DebbieDowner77

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by DebbieDowner77 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Has BC given travel stipends for admitted students weekend in the past? Wondering if it's worth emailing the admissions office to ask.

crayNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by crayNow » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Has anyone received any info for admitted students other than the email that directs you to the admitted students section of their website? Any portal login info? I feel like I received this from them but I can't find it...

User avatar
Eladriel

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by Eladriel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Admitted!

Where do people plan on living? I visited over December and suburban Newton is out of the question due to cost.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
Dr. Nefario

Gold
Posts: 2866
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by Dr. Nefario » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Admitted way back when. Split between here and BU currently for Boston.

NavyRick

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by NavyRick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:23 am

Eladriel wrote:Admitted!

Where do people plan on living? I visited over December and suburban Newton is out of the question due to cost.
Trying to find a place that doesn't have pit bull restrictions is becoming a nightmare.

mike0331

Bronze
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mike0331 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm in, and I'm glad as it's my first choice. I just need to make sure the VA program I am working with ends up working out alright before making any deposits.

My wife and I are planning to split a place in Newton, but haven't started looking yet. I'm hoping to keep it under 2K for a dog friendly 2 bedroom duplex with a garage.

Cleveland circle seems to be the popular place to live. If you have a car there are cheaper places 20 or so minutes away. There is plenty of parking at the BC law campus, and on the street about a 5 minute walk from the campus...

Mike

User avatar
Eladriel

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by Eladriel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm

mike0331 wrote:I'm in, and I'm glad as it's my first choice. I just need to make sure the VA program I am working with ends up working out alright before making any deposits.

My wife and I are planning to split a place in Newton, but haven't started looking yet. I'm hoping to keep it under 2K for a dog friendly 2 bedroom duplex with a garage.

Cleveland circle seems to be the popular place to live. If you have a car there are cheaper places 20 or so minutes away. There is plenty of parking at the BC law campus, and on the street about a 5 minute walk from the campus...

Mike
That will be a long walk in the brisk winter winds.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


mike0331

Bronze
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mike0331 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Eladriel wrote:
mike0331 wrote:I'm in, and I'm glad as it's my first choice. I just need to make sure the VA program I am working with ends up working out alright before making any deposits.

My wife and I are planning to split a place in Newton, but haven't started looking yet. I'm hoping to keep it under 2K for a dog friendly 2 bedroom duplex with a garage.

Cleveland circle seems to be the popular place to live. If you have a car there are cheaper places 20 or so minutes away. There is plenty of parking at the BC law campus, and on the street about a 5 minute walk from the campus...

Mike
That will be a long walk in the brisk winter winds.
I have to laugh at this. I went to UMass for my undergrad. I had 20+ Minute walks from parking to class, or class to class, or my dorm to class the one year I lived on campus. It's also a notoriously windy campus. I hate the cold as much as the next guy, but if you can't take it, stay out of the northeast. It's unavoidable.

Mike

User avatar
Eladriel

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by Eladriel » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:35 am

mike0331 wrote:
Eladriel wrote:
mike0331 wrote:I'm in, and I'm glad as it's my first choice. I just need to make sure the VA program I am working with ends up working out alright before making any deposits.

My wife and I are planning to split a place in Newton, but haven't started looking yet. I'm hoping to keep it under 2K for a dog friendly 2 bedroom duplex with a garage.

Cleveland circle seems to be the popular place to live. If you have a car there are cheaper places 20 or so minutes away. There is plenty of parking at the BC law campus, and on the street about a 5 minute walk from the campus...

Mike
That will be a long walk in the brisk winter winds.
I have to laugh at this. I went to UMass for my undergrad. I had 20+ Minute walks from parking to class, or class to class, or my dorm to class the one year I lived on campus. It's also a notoriously windy campus. I hate the cold as much as the next guy, but if you can't take it, stay out of the northeast. It's unavoidable.

Mike
I'm a Boston born exile to Socal--it's just hard to imagine being back there.

mike0331

Bronze
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mike0331 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:43 pm

I spent some time near San Diego... Gorgeous part of the country with outstanding weather. I'd never live their in a million years.

Mike

NavyRick

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by NavyRick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Are most people coming in for the Feb ASD leaving Saturday or Sunday?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


mike0331

Bronze
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mike0331 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 pm

If I end up going I'll be leaving Sunday. It's going to be tough to get a Saturday off from work... but I think I have a plan.

Mike

crayNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by crayNow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:49 am

I'm coming to the Feb ASW and I'm planning on leaving Sunday. I've never been to Boston before so I figure I better look around a little before I move there for the next three years.

What about everyone else?

mike0331

Bronze
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by mike0331 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

The February workshop is the 20th and not the 21st, that's not a typo?

Mike

crayNow

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Boston College Law Class of 2018

Post by crayNow » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:40 pm

mike0331 wrote:The February workshop is the 20th and not the 21st, that's not a typo?

Mike
Hey Mike,

That isn't a typo, the Feb ASW is on Friday the 20th and the March ASW is on Saturday the 21st.

Kannon

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”