Need advice 3 weeks out Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Allegro3935

New

Need advice 3 weeks out

Post by Allegro3935 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:38 am

My Themis/UWorld percentages vary from 60% to 85% on a random set of 50 questions, but it feels like I guess most of the time. What can I do with 3 weeks left? Reviewing MBE questions hasn't helped given how varied the fact patterns are. The Uworld questions are especially confounding.

Examples--
My understanding of the law: Larceny= taking + carrying away w/ intent to permanently deprive. Destroying is not taking.
Question: Guy accidentally takes property (good-faith) but decides to be evil and burns it on the spot. What can he be charged with? Me: not larceny. Uworld: wrong; the continuing trespass rule applies, it's larceny.

My understanding of the law: price is an 'essential term' to a contract.
Question: parties perform without ever agreeing to a price in a services contract, other party refuses to pay. What are the damages? Me: not expectation damages. Uworld: wrong; there was a contract, the court can just read the price term into the contract because the parties intended a contract, allowing expectation damages (wth, how is there a valid contract/expectation damages if the essential price term was never agreed to?)

There are too many examples like these. I know the law but end up going with my gut feeling most of the time because the facts don't make it clear what the question is asking about.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”