Bar Reciprocity Question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Bar Reciprocity Question

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:02 pm

Quick question regarding bar reciprocity. I am applying for the Illinois Bar and will be sitting it in July. Next year I will be working as a federal clerk. I anticipate I may be switching offices to New York after my clerkship, and thus will have to be admitted into NY. My understanding is that, given bar reciprocity, my UBE score will serve me for both jurisdictions, but I will just need to reapply to NY Character and Fitness in February. Is this accurate?

Marinobarreview

New

Re: Bar Reciprocity Question

Post by Marinobarreview » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:02 am

Hi, first - Good Luck on the Bar Exam! As long as you receive a score of at least 266 on the UBE, you can simply transfer your score to New York. But yes, it appears you will still have to go through NY's Character and Fitness procedures, if you wish to be admitted in New York State.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”