60% of Americans favor an in person bar exam; Do you?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
AdminMegan

60% of Americans favor an in person bar exam; Do you?

Post by AdminMegan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Would you take an in-person bar exam this year? Would you still want to take it in-person if the coronavirus is still very prevalent? A survey conducted by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) showed that 60% of respondents support a supervised in-person bar exam with masks, social distancing and compliance with all of the CDC guidelines. Do you support an in-person bar exam? Share your thoughts!

Anonymous User

Re: 60% of Americans favor an in person bar exam; Do you?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:27 pm

AdminMegan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:52 pm
Would you take an in-person bar exam this year? Would you still want to take it in-person if the coronavirus is still very prevalent? A survey conducted by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) showed that 60% of respondents support a supervised in-person bar exam with masks, social distancing and compliance with all of the CDC guidelines. Do you support an in-person bar exam? Share your thoughts!
Yes, I would be in favor of an in-person exam. There are a lot of negatives taking it online, namely though that this is a timed exam and it's much easier flipping through paper copies than trying to use your mouse to go back and forth to questions for the MBE. As for the MEE, you are not allowed in the online administration, at least in California, to skip questions and go back. If the very first question you look at is not something that you are strong in, you'll end up getting so anxious that it will have an affect on your performance for the remainder of the exam.

I would rather have it be in person, with masks, social distancing and compliance with all of the CDC guidelines. I'm studying as if the exam is occurring as planned online on October 5-6, but I'm hoping that there is a last minute cancellation and they decide to administer it in person instead. Which is unlikely to happen.

Heyall

New

Re: 60% of Americans favor an in person bar exam; Do you?

Post by Heyall » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Even without the virus, I'd be in favor of Online.

It saves a ton of money along with avoiding the stress of having to travel (though I must admit, traveling to a hotel for the exam is a lot of fun.) It just gives more time to focus on the exam. It's worth not having a paper to write on.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”