Is DC C&F less strict compared TO NY?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Is DC C&F less strict compared TO NY?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Curious how the two compare if anyone has insight

deanrobbins1

New

Re: Is DC C&F less strict compared TO NY?

Post by deanrobbins1 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:15 pm

I went to CLS/NYU and took the New York bar (back before it was the UBE) as my first bar exam.

My impression was always that NY was one of the 'easiest' C&F jurisdictions insofar as no one really gets dinged for a lone DUI, a plagiarism incident in college, having been fired from a job, etc. They might make you write some follow up responses or even ask you about it briefly in your C&F interview (but in NY everyone does a C&F 'interview' the day of or a day or two before admission).

I don't know anything about DC in particular--none of my classmates who waived in down there had any problems I ever heard about. But in general my impression for C&F was always that NY was among the 'easiest' states or perhaps the more diplomatic phrasing would be that NY was among the 'most reasonable' C&F states in that they obviously take the seriously the responsibility of protecting the public and integrity of the profession, but are not likely to rake applicants over the coals for relatively minor blemishes.

To;dr: while I have no definitive answer to offer, I would be somewhat surprised to learn that DC was regarded as markedly 'less strict' than NY for C&F

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”