Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.
Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm
I am looking for tons of questions to practice with good answer explanations. Based on what I have seen in this forum Adaptibar seems to be a good choice and I have also seen people recommend Emmanuel.
Any other good options available?
- Posts: 415
- Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 pm
Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:45 pm
1) Emanuel's Strategies and Tactics for the MBE - available on Amazon. Fairly cheap book. Has good tips on approaching the MBE and contains lots of practice questions.
2) Adaptibar (http://www.adaptibar.com) - I didn't use this, but wish I had since it has received raving reviews. The only con to Adaptibar is the price.
3) Barmax MBE Questions (https://getbarmax.com/barmax-mbe-questions/ - supposedly "comparable" to Adaptibar). At only $249, it's a good price, but Adaptibar has tracking tools to individualize your MBE study and show your progress in a method that Barmax can't. But Barmax seems to be more economical than Adaptibar. You also need an iOS device to use it.
4) OPE from the MBE site to practice the most recent test questions: http://store.ncbex.org/all-online-practice-exams/. OPE it isn't the cheapest option, but these are real, recent MBE questions and not the souped up Barbri ones. Barbri questions are not representative of the modern MBE. I hear Barmax has all these OPEs included.
5) Critical Pass (http://criticalpass.refr.cc/5JT8KCP referral link contains a discount code for $$ off) - Great flashcards for the MBE! You can't apply the law to an MBE question, if you don't know the law. I used Critical Pass for my bar study along with the CMR from Barbri and their simulated questions (although the Barbri questions are very different than actual MBE questions). I also used Emanuel's S&T during my study period, but not as much as I should have since it's a great resource.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 pm
Want to continue reading?
Register now to search topics and post comments!
Already a member? Login
Clerkship, Spring The candidate will engage in cutting-edge constitutional litigation. Will have the opportun... read more
Clerkship, Fall The candidate will have opportunity to substantively contribute to active litigation, work cl... read more
Summer Internship The intern may be asked to do a variety of things, including day-to-day office work such as... read more