TX Bar July 2020 - Repeater. Need Bar Prep Suggestions.

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dc625

New

TX Bar July 2020 - Repeater. Need Bar Prep Suggestions.

Post by dc625 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Taking the bar in July 2020. I am a repeater and have not look at the material since 2013. I now have a true purpose for taking it and am able to commit the hours that I need to prepare. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money and I am looking for the best materials to use to prep for this. I have already brought Strategies & Tactics (working one civil procedure now). With so many bar prep materials out there, I am a bit overwhelmed by the choices. So I am looking for recommendations. Thanks! :)

AdminMegan

Re: TX Bar July 2020 - Repeater. Need Bar Prep Suggestions.

Post by AdminMegan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 pm

If you are looking for bar prep material have you checked out the buy-exchange-giveaway forum? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... m.php?f=31

You might be able to find the bar prep material you are looking for, for a lot cheaper. :lol:

AussieAustin

New

Post by AussieAustin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 pm

For the essays, my biggest recommendation is to go through all of the past ones that have been posted on-line. I just took the February exam as a repeater and this time didn't bother with listening to lectures again. Instead, I went through all of the previous exams, and made a sheet for each subject that listed what was tested. I made sure I was familiar with the law for each main thing. Turns out that in the Feb exam at least 4 of the essays were repeats from previous years (oil and gas and RP and being heavily repeated the last couple of years). It made such a difference when I looked at the question and felt confident that I knew how to answer it. Make sure you go back to 2009 and 2010.

I used Adaptibar for the MBE and highly recommend that too.

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:12 pm

Strategies and Tactics was a good purchase. Just make sure it's the 7th edition which has official Civil Procedure questions. In addition, you should consider Adaptibar. With S&T and Adaptibar I don't imagine you'll need anything else for practice MBE questions. You certainly shouldn't get anything else until you've completed all these questions.

For the Texas part I'm less helpful since I don't teach that part of the exam, but I generally really like Barbri's Conviser Mini Review for outlines if you're not planning to take a bar review course. It has been excellent for every state I've seen.

Best, Sean Silverman (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

dc625

New

Post by dc625 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:18 am

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I have purchased Adaptibar. Enrolled in Themis (which I will have access to next week). I am going to listen to the lectures since I have not reviewed these materials in over 7 years. I also purchased the Critical Pass cards. I will also follow the advice to review all of these essays. Now I just have to work out my study schedule and stick to it. And regain my confidence. LOL. I feel like my memory bank is horrible. However, I am determined to master this!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”