New York Bar Application- employment question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
supersplittysplitter

Bronze

New York Bar Application- employment question

Post by supersplittysplitter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:34 pm

For those who worked as an SA last summer with a firm and are going back there after graduation, how did you handle the question that asks if you are presently employed in New York? I left it blank because I figured my employment was technically contingent on a bunch of things like passing the bar and graduating, and also it seemed strange to say I was employed in New York since I obviously haven't been doing any actual work or getting paid over the course of the school year. Does that make sense? Or did anyone list their firm for this question?

animalpeople

New

Re: New York Bar Application- employment question

Post by animalpeople » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:01 am

I didn't list my firm as my current employer because I won't start until October which means I'm currently unemployed.

supersplittysplitter

Bronze

Post by supersplittysplitter » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:25 pm

do you think it matters if your firm is reimbursing you for expenses over the summer like covering the cost of Bar review, Bar application fees, etc?

adil91

Silver

Post by adil91 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Speaking of employment questions for the New York Bar. Is being a bar review rep considered "law-related" employment ?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”