Last Two Weeks - Barbri Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
salad.law

New

Last Two Weeks - Barbri

Post by salad.law » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 am

Should I be reviewing the Mini Conviser for the CA Bar? Or are Critical Pass Flaschards + Lectures notes enough? I want to spend more time with essays + PTs. But am worried if I miss something from the Conviser.

LockBox

Bronze

Re: Last Two Weeks - Barbri

Post by LockBox » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:08 pm

salad.law wrote:Should I be reviewing the Mini Conviser for the CA Bar? Or are Critical Pass Flaschards + Lectures notes enough? I want to spend more time with essays + PTs. But am worried if I miss something from the Conviser.
You should refer to the Convisor only if you have a question about a specific aspect of the law. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't see any benefit to it. All you should be doing is taking practice tests/essays and reviewing your answers and the model answers. Over and over.

ganlan

New

Post by ganlan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:14 pm

As a follow-up to this...is it better to focus on fully writing out as many essays as possible under timed conditions? Or trying to get through more essays by outlining them and being exposed to more fact patterns that way?

Obviously, I'll be writing out a bunch of essays fully, just wondering how many (if any at all) I should just be outlining to get the black letter law down and issue spot.

dredd16

New

Post by dredd16 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:47 am

salad.law wrote:Should I be reviewing the Mini Conviser for the CA Bar? Or are Critical Pass Flaschards + Lectures notes enough? I want to spend more time with essays + PTs. But am worried if I miss something from the Conviser.
Practice essays and PTs. Learn by doing and not by reviewing. Review right before you sleep.
ganlan wrote:As a follow-up to this...is it better to focus on fully writing out as many essays as possible under timed conditions? Or trying to get through more essays by outlining them and being exposed to more fact patterns that way?

Obviously, I'll be writing out a bunch of essays fully, just wondering how many (if any at all) I should just be outlining to get the black letter law down and issue spot.
Always do essays under time conditions. Outlining is ok if you are spotting every single issue/subissue and organizing certain facts under each issue/subissue and doing it all within 10-15 minutes. I'd do 2 full essays and 2 outlined essays a day at this point.

As much as essays are important, I wouldn't write them for the sake of writing them if you constantly are delivering 50/55 type answers. You're better off at that point taking a day to take a deep look at what you're doing wrong. Are you missing major issues? Are you not getting the subissues because you aren't breaking down the elements of a major issue? Are you utilizing every single fact in the fact pattern? Is your organization piss poor?

Good luck.

msummer

New

Post by msummer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:00 am

dredd16 wrote:
Practice essays and PTs. Learn by doing and not by reviewing. Review right before you sleep.
ganlan wrote:As a follow-up to this...is it better to focus on fully writing out as many essays as possible under timed conditions? Or trying to get through more essays by outlining them and being exposed to more fact patterns that way?

Always do essays under time conditions. Outlining is ok if you are spotting every single issue/subissue and organizing certain facts under each issue/subissue and doing it all within 10-15 minutes. I'd do 2 full essays and 2 outlined essays a day at this point.

As much as essays are important, I wouldn't write them for the sake of writing them if you constantly are delivering 50/55 type answers. You're better off at that point taking a day to take a deep look at what you're doing wrong. Are you missing major issues? Are you not getting the subissues because you aren't breaking down the elements of a major issue? Are you utilizing every single fact in the fact pattern? Is your organization piss poor?

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”