i cant remember all this *$%@ Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
0lol

New

i cant remember all this *$%@

Post by 0lol » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:04 pm

fml

blueapple08

New

Re: i cant remember all this *$%@

Post by blueapple08 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:23 pm

:(

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:33 pm

no need to remember everything, you just have to score D+ to pass. Also if you're referring to the essays lol dude almost everyone is BSing them :lol: ..

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Right there with ya.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Post by SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:51 pm

mvp99 wrote:no need to remember everything, you just have to score D+ to pass. Also if you're referring to the essays lol dude almost everyone is BSing them :lol: ..
Really hope this is true on test day. I've come across some essays that would cause me abject panic in a real test. I wish we had a better idea as to the grading though. Given the high pass rates for first-time takers, I'm led to believe the essay graders are somewhat lenient. On the other hand, BarBri's rubrics make me think you have to be pretty knowledgeable on every topic to get a passing grade for that essay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 pm

I got really stressed out when I looked at the feb 2016 MEE. The wills essay dealt with a power of attorney which was nowhere in the barbri lectures so I neurotically went through the conviser but there's no way I'll remember all the testable issues. I barely have the lecture notes down let alone anything more than that

0lol

New

Post by 0lol » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 pm

i wish i started ACRONYMING alot sooner

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Nobody walks into the bar feeling like they're going to knock it out of the park, yet thousands still pass. Don't put the test up on a pedestal, if you've been taking it seriously and studying accordingly, you're likely to pass, period.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:09 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:I got really stressed out when I looked at the feb 2016 MEE. The wills essay dealt with a power of attorney which was nowhere in the barbri lectures so I neurotically went through the conviser but there's no way I'll remember all the testable issues. I barely have the lecture notes down let alone anything more than that
Someone told me we should expect to have things on the exam we know nothing about and that we must be able to BS and move on quickly when we encounter something new

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:13 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:I got really stressed out when I looked at the feb 2016 MEE. The wills essay dealt with a power of attorney which was nowhere in the barbri lectures so I neurotically went through the conviser but there's no way I'll remember all the testable issues. I barely have the lecture notes down let alone anything more than that
What could it possibly have asked about Power of Attorney? Now you're making me worry, hahaha.

LionelHutzJD

Silver

Post by LionelHutzJD » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 pm

The Feb 2016 MEE almost made me cry.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:38 pm

mvp99 wrote:
Someone told me we should expect to have things on the exam we know nothing about and that we must be able to BS and move on quickly when we encounter something new
Yeah I also heard from friends last year that there was an admin essay and people literally didn't realize and wrote it as like.. A con law essay and still passed. So that gives me hope that as long as you show some sort of legal analytic ability you'll be okay
Last edited by ellewoods123 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellewoods123

Bronze

Post by ellewoods123 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:38 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:The Feb 2016 MEE almost made me cry.
Lol. I did cry.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:39 pm

ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
Yeah I also heard from friends last year that there was an admin essay and people literally didn't realize and wrote it as like.. A con law essay and still passed. So that gives me hope that as long as you show some sorry legal analyst of ability you'll be okay
A friend of mine in NY last year left an essay blank because his pages got stuck together and he didn't realize it was there. He still passed. That was the old NY exam. Would the UBE be easier to pass, even?

rmhco

New

Post by rmhco » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:06 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
Yeah I also heard from friends last year that there was an admin essay and people literally didn't realize and wrote it as like.. A con law essay and still passed. So that gives me hope that as long as you show some sorry legal analyst of ability you'll be okay
A friend of mine in NY last year left an essay blank because his pages got stuck together and he didn't realize it was there. He still passed. That was the old NY exam. Would the UBE be easier to pass, even?
I have been laughing about this for five minutes on fact and relief.

ironbmike

Bronze

Post by ironbmike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:
ellewoods123 wrote:
mvp99 wrote:
:lol: Wow

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Looking over the Feb exam there does seem to be areas that would make anyone worry. I would have lost it over the Secured Transactions question but the Evidence and Wills questions didnt cause me as much issue, I feel like I could have BS'ed it. Everyone is different and has strengths and weaknesses...I just hope to know enough to pass next week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Post by SLS_AMG » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Where are the Feb 2016 MEE questions? Are they in BarBri books?

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Post by ballouttacontrol » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:25 am

SLS_AMG wrote:Where are the Feb 2016 MEE questions? Are they in BarBri books?
Ditto/tagging for answer

criminaltheory

Bronze

Post by criminaltheory » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 am

http://www.ncbex.org/study-aids/

blaze1306

Bronze

Post by blaze1306 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 am

Here is a link to the previous Minnesota essay and answers ( hope I don't get in trouble for sharing ...)

http://www.ble.state.mn.us/resource-cen ... swers.aspx

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dodint

Bronze

Post by dodint » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:30 pm

thegrayman wrote:Nobody walks into the bar feeling like they're going to knock it out of the park, yet thousands still pass. Don't put the test up on a pedestal, if you've been taking it seriously and studying accordingly, you're likely to pass, period.
This statement is underappreciated and applicable to just about any test ever. Put a test on a pedestal and it will murder you.

SLS_AMG

Bronze

Post by SLS_AMG » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks guys!

whitecollar23

Bronze

Post by whitecollar23 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:59 pm

Also, the next time you guys are worried or feeling stressed, just remember that I'm trying to deal with Zyrtec withdrawal. On Zyrtec, some brain fog drowsiness. Off Zyrtec, itchy head and trouble focusing. Lose-Lose.

On that note, anyone have ideas on how to fight that^ :(

ballouttacontrol

Silver

Post by ballouttacontrol » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:47 pm

whitecollar23 wrote:Also, the next time you guys are worried or feeling stressed, just remember that I'm trying to deal with Zyrtec withdrawal. On Zyrtec, some brain fog drowsiness. Off Zyrtec, itchy head and trouble focusing. Lose-Lose.

On that note, anyone have ideas on how to fight that^ :(
Zyrtec+addys and if u get anxious then add in some benzos

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”