Shifting focus towards essays ... advice on MBE maintenance Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
TFALAWL

Bronze

Shifting focus towards essays ... advice on MBE maintenance

Post by TFALAWL » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:08 am

So I took the Barbri simulated MBE and was elated with my 143 raw. I'm taking the cal bar, so I reduced my score to 136 (71.5% out of 190) and saw that the scaled score for that is about a 152. I would like to improve to 160 by game day.

However...

I have not started studying the CalBar BLL at all.

What's the most efficient way to go about memorizing Cal subject BLL. I'm thinking about focusing on broad concepts, not getting into the minutae, and targeting 60-65 given they are only on two to three essays.

As far as personal strengths, I am a good analytical thinker (top 1/4 at T-10 + 167 LSAT), but TERRIBLE at memorization.

I ordered the critical flash cards, so maybe those will be of some help.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Shifting focus towards essays ... advice on MBE maintenance

Post by Nebby » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 am

TFALAWL wrote:So I took the Barbri simulated MBE and was elated with my 143 raw. I'm taking the cal bar, so I reduced my score to 136 (71.5% out of 190) and saw that the scaled score for that is about a 152. I would like to improve to 160 by game day.

However...

I have not started studying the CalBar BLL at all.

What's the most efficient way to go about memorizing Cal subject BLL. I'm thinking about focusing on broad concepts, not getting into the minutae, and targeting 60-65 given they are only on two to three essays.

As far as personal strengths, I am a good analytical thinker (top 1/4 at T-10 + 167 LSAT), but TERRIBLE at memorization.

I ordered the critical flash cards, so maybe those will be of some help.
Where do you go to convert raw to scaled?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”