How to incorporate Emmanuel's w/ Barbri in the next 3 weeks? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Learning9

New

How to incorporate Emmanuel's w/ Barbri in the next 3 weeks?

Post by Learning9 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Taking bar in TX. On the simulated MBE, I got 115 which puts me on the 39% percentile. According to the percents, the only subject I'm really good at is civ pro. Every other subject, I suck across the board. I just got the Emmnuel's 6th edition.

Starting this week, I'm going to start focusing more on essays (fell behind on them trying to keep up with MBE's) and doing the MBE that barbri assigns. How should I incorporate the Emmanuels? Is there a certain # of Q's I should do from the book daily?

Anyone take TX bar already and can shed some light on my MBE score? How much can I realistically improve? I feel really stupid.

AllDangle

Bronze

Re: How to incorporate Emmanuel's w/ Barbri in the next 3 weeks?

Post by AllDangle » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:31 pm

I too am taking Texas. Flip to page xiv in your Emmanuels. According to Emmanuels, a 135 puts you on-track-to-pass in Texas. The table on that page shows that a 135 in July 2015 was 39.6 percentile (if I'm reading it correctly). So it doesn't seem like you're too far off?

Learning9

New

Post by Learning9 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:27 pm

AllDangle wrote:I too am taking Texas. Flip to page xiv in your Emmanuels. According to Emmanuels, a 135 puts you on-track-to-pass in Texas. The table on that page shows that a 135 in July 2015 was 39.6 percentile (if I'm reading it correctly). So it doesn't seem like you're too far off?
I just started reading Emmanuel's tonight (the beginning part) and saw that chart. I had seen that 135 on NCBE site and that's why didn't feel bad yesterday when I took the MBE. But 39% percentile today freaked me out. What if this year's average is somehow way higher than 135?! My entire percentile page is orange/grey. I think my confidence is really shook up knowing 61% people got more than 115. :cry:

learntolift

Bronze

Post by learntolift » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:29 am

AllDangle wrote:I too am taking Texas. Flip to page xiv in your Emmanuels. According to Emmanuels, a 135 puts you on-track-to-pass in Texas. The table on that page shows that a 135 in July 2015 was 39.6 percentile (if I'm reading it correctly). So it doesn't seem like you're too far off?
can you by chance tell me what the raw score for passing NY bar would be? if it's in that book?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”