OPE as compared to actual Bar Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
seasidemama

New

OPE as compared to actual Bar Exam

Post by seasidemama » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:33 pm

For tests 1-4 available, those of you who have taken the bar - do you feel the opes are comparable in difficulty to recent administrations?

What did you score on the opes and what was your score on game day?

Just did OPE 1 (will be 1st time taker) and did pretty well - wondering if I should be cautiously optimistic..

Been getting ~69% on adaptibar and did considerably better on the OPE - are adaptibar q's really that much more difficult?

L_William_W

Bronze

Re: OPE as compared to actual Bar Exam

Post by L_William_W » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:06 am

The released questions are MUCH easier than the questions on the actual exam (remember, the NCBE is not in the process of making your life easy). Kaplan has questions that are the closest in level of difficulty to the ones on the exam.

seasidemama

New

Post by seasidemama » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 am

L_William_W wrote:The released questions are MUCH easier than the questions on the actual exam (remember, the NCBE is not in the process of making your life easy). Kaplan has questions that are the closest in level of difficulty to the ones on the exam.
so you're saying they take the easy 100 questions of 190 administered and distribute as opes?

L_William_W

Bronze

Post by L_William_W » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Yep. For exam, they released practice Civ Pro questions. I got about 75% of them correct. Then, when I took the bar, I got curb stomped on that section. Fortunately, my stronger subjects (Torts, Crim) compensated for that performance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”