Importing 162 MBE score Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
champ33

Bronze

Importing 162 MBE score

Post by champ33 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:55 pm

I am taking the July bar in a jurisdiction where the MBE counts for 50% and two MPTs count for 10% each. I am importing a 162 MBE scaled score from another jurisdiction, so I only need to sit for the MPT/essay day. For reasons I won't go into, it is no longer a necessity for me to pass the bar in this state, but I paid the money and would like to pass, but due to a number of factors, primarily laziness, I only started studying yesterday. I am realizing I am a little bit screwed, and am just looking for reassurance and/or honest opinions as to just how badly I can do on the essays, assuming decent MPT scores, and still pass.

robinhoodOO

Silver

Re: Importing 162 MBE score

Post by robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:00 pm

champ33 wrote:I am taking the July bar in a jurisdiction where the MBE counts for 50% and two MPTs count for 10% each. I am importing a 162 MBE scaled score from another jurisdiction, so I only need to sit for the MPT/essay day. For reasons I won't go into, it is no longer a necessity for me to pass the bar in this state, but I paid the money and would like to pass, but due to a number of factors, primarily laziness, I only started studying yesterday. I am realizing I am a little bit screwed, and am just looking for reassurance and/or honest opinions as to just how badly I can do on the essays, assuming decent MPT scores, and still pass.
Which state? Sounds like you have an auto-pass w/162. If MPT's are similar to CA at all, you don't need independent knowledge for those, and can probably bullshit and touch on enough law for the essay portion to pass if you spend 6+ hours/day hereon just covering state stuff.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am

I am taking CT in July, and the MBE score is from NY last July. Problem is this was a year ago now, and everything is pretty hazy. I am not likely to remember much of the law at all, and have very little time to cram. Guess all I can do is hope for the best.

Florence Night

New

Post by Florence Night » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 am

champ33 wrote:I am taking the July bar in a jurisdiction where the MBE counts for 50% and two MPTs count for 10% each. I am importing a 162 MBE scaled score from another jurisdiction, so I only need to sit for the MPT/essay day. For reasons I won't go into, it is no longer a necessity for me to pass the bar in this state, but I paid the money and would like to pass, but due to a number of factors, primarily laziness, I only started studying yesterday. I am realizing I am a little bit screwed, and am just looking for reassurance and/or honest opinions as to just how badly I can do on the essays, assuming decent MPT scores, and still pass.
Connecticut requires a 264...is it even possible to get a 101 on the MPT and essays..? If they do it like Illinois does (which also has a 264 required and splits the exam 50/50), I'm not sure you can get that low.... https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/feb-201 ... ent-charts

redblueyellow

Bronze

Post by redblueyellow » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:08 am

champ33 wrote:I am taking CT in July, and the MBE score is from NY last July. Problem is this was a year ago now, and everything is pretty hazy. I am not likely to remember much of the law at all, and have very little time to cram. Guess all I can do is hope for the best.
I wish you luck! Let us know how CT went. I haven't heard much about that state on here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Florence Night wrote:
Connecticut requires a 264...is it even possible to get a 101 on the MPT and essays..? If they do it like Illinois does (which also has a 264 required and splits the exam 50/50), I'm not sure you can get that low.... https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/feb-201 ... ent-charts
Okay so if CT is about the same as IL and I am interpreting the chart correctly, it looks like I will need to score in the bottom 1% on the essays in order to fail? Feeling better but still not great, thanks.

Florence Night

New

Post by Florence Night » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:26 pm

champ33 wrote:
Florence Night wrote:
Okay so if CT is about the same as IL and I am interpreting the chart correctly, it looks like I will need to score in the bottom 1% on the essays in order to fail? Feeling better but still not great, thanks.
Yeah, that's my understanding. Of course, that assumes that 1 % at 105 means there are some that are under 105, which may not be the case. 105 may be the bottom score. If you do solid on the MPT - which requires almost no studying - you should be golden I'd think regardless of essays.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”