Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Hooyah wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of misinformation gets posted on here.

In my opinion Adaptibar is an amazing tool to help you pass.

If used in conjunction with a bar prep course (I.E., BarBri, Themis, Kaplan).

I personally used BarBri and Adaptibar for MBE.

If you use Adaptibar, and read the BarBri outlines, watch the videos, and watch the Adaptibar videos, you will notice your score go up each week.

If anyone is a couple points from passing, you certainly have the ability to add another 20 points to your score.

And to do that I would recommend hiring a tutor.

My tutor was in South Florida and was quite inexpensive. DM me if you need my tutor’s name.

Study hard, and be willing to accept that you may be better off with someone to help you with the studying process.

Hooyah--Who was your tutor? I'm interviewing tutors now. I'm still kind of new so I can't DM you, but I would love a reference.

Hooyah

New

Post by Hooyah » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm

I'd love to dm you, however, you're posting as an anonymous user. If I recall correctly, after 5 posts, the dm feature should work for you also.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 am

Second time taker here. Wanted to share my experience and ask a question. I passed the MBE my first attempt but failed Florida. I was planning to take both sections in February but was talked out of that by some people who had done so before me, so I focused on taking the Florida portion only. Second time around I did not use any bar prep course, I used BarBri's mini convisor from 2018-19 and my Themis outlines from the Summer 2019 exam. I pre-wrote introductions for every major topic and reviewed these every few days. When it came time for the exam I already had a baseline for each subject where I knew I could score points and then build the rest of my essay off of this framework. I did 0 practice essays. I did 0 MC questions. I did not follow anyone's system. I studied the material and learned it at my pace in a way that I knew would be helpful. After doing thousands of MC questions before the July exam I felt no more prepared than I did on my last day of law school. This time I felt much more prepared because I focused on learning the major rules and understanding the law, instead of trying to memorize every little subpart. For the July exam I made 1000's of flashcards, this time I made 0. This is how I learn for some reason. The first time I took the LSAT I went through Kaplan's course and scored in the 140's. The second time, after a few years in another career, I didn't look at one LSAT prep book and went in and scored in the high 160's. I guess my point is do what you have always done. This is just another test. Don't change how you have been studying for the last 15-20 years just because there is an expensive program that says this is the way to study.

I also got very lucky with the essays. I recently dealt with a non-compete clause in my personal life so i had some knowledge for that essay, and the firm I work with handles plenty of slip and fall claims so I was pretty well set for that essay too. I am scared to imagine what would have happened if I got topics that were more foreign to me, but luckily you only have to pass once.

I do have a question for those that passed. I uploaded my oath of attorney last week but have not heard back from the board. Has anyone heard back after uploading their oath? I'm ready to become "official".

idontwannausername

New

Post by idontwannausername » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Hooyah wrote:I'd love to dm you, however, you're posting as an anonymous user. If I recall correctly, after 5 posts, the dm feature should work for you also.
Oops, ok. would you be able to PM me now?

flbar123

New

Post by flbar123 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:22 am

“I do have a question for those that passed. I uploaded my oath of attorney last week but have not heard back from the board. Has anyone heard back after uploading their oath? I'm ready to become "official".“

I emailed the bar and they responded that the shutdown is going to slow down the process of getting bar numbers out and they are working as fast as they can. So who knows...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Interesting username

I wonder if that’s the Florida Bar posting here :)

idontwannausername

New

Post by idontwannausername » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interesting username

I wonder if that’s the Florida Bar posting here :)
Hahaha…no it's not…just tired of coming up w/ usernames for everything :roll: lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:35 am

Lol I wasn’t referring to your’s.

I was talking about the user below you.

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:57 pm

flbar123 wrote:“I do have a question for those that passed. I uploaded my oath of attorney last week but have not heard back from the board. Has anyone heard back after uploading their oath? I'm ready to become "official".“

I emailed the bar and they responded that the shutdown is going to slow down the process of getting bar numbers out and they are working as fast as they can. So who knows...
I’m in the same boat. Got sworn in the day the results were posted. Not a peep from
the Board since. Not sure why they were making all the considerable “efforts” to grade the February exam on time when it seems like they aren’t finishing the process, i.e., acknowledging oaths, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm thinking that sometime this week, they will be giving bar numbers those that sent in their oaths already.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 am

Has anyone used bar max? If someone did you think of it? Its lectures and multiple choice and outlines. I assume its like the other bar prep classes?
How are the lectures?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Sun May 03, 2020 9:47 pm

So we're supposed to get an update on May 5 regarding the July exam, anyone heard anything? Health should obviously take first priority but selfishly I really don't wanna have to wait till September or even later to take this stupid exam.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:16 pm

johngotti wrote:So we're supposed to get an update on May 5 regarding the July exam, anyone heard anything? Health should obviously take first priority but selfishly I really don't wanna have to wait till September or even later to take this stupid exam.

I have not heard anything. I thought the announcement was supposed to be the 4th, but you could be right on the 5th. I agree with you, I want the exam done. I think we all need to get our lives in order and become attorneys. They can easily separate us all through the convention center, instead of just shoving us all in that one room. Who knows, I selfishly hope they keep in July. I would like to know so I am somehow start studying.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
johngotti wrote:So we're supposed to get an update on May 5 regarding the July exam, anyone heard anything? Health should obviously take first priority but selfishly I really don't wanna have to wait till September or even later to take this stupid exam.

I have not heard anything. I thought the announcement was supposed to be the 4th, but you could be right on the 5th. I agree with you, I want the exam done. I think we all need to get our lives in order and become attorneys. They can easily separate us all through the convention center, instead of just shoving us all in that one room. Who knows, I selfishly hope they keep in July. I would like to know so I am somehow start studying.
I'm not sure they have enough room to seperate everyone for the July exam unless they opened the rooms downstairs for the test. If they'd been on top of this I'm sure they could've found a way to have additional testing sites in other cities like Orlando, Jax, and maybe Miami to lessen the amount of people. If it is in July they'd better let people wear masks.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue May 05, 2020 12:28 pm

NCBE says good to go for July but not sure what Florida will do

http://www.ncbex.org/ncbe-covid-19-updates/
As of May 5, 19 jurisdictions have announced that they intend to cancel or postpone the July bar exam; the other jurisdictions either plan to go ahead with the July exam or have not yet made a decision. Based on this information, NCBE has determined that there will most likely be a sufficient number of July examinees to administer the bar exam. Accordingly, we plan to make our exam materials (MBE, MEE, and MPT) available to those jurisdictions that choose to administer an exam in July.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 05, 2020 12:31 pm

johngotti wrote:NCBE says good to go for July but not sure what Florida will do

As of May 5, 19 jurisdictions have announced that they intend to cancel or postpone the July bar exam; the other jurisdictions either plan to go ahead with the July exam or have not yet made a decision. Based on this information, NCBE has determined that there will most likely be a sufficient number of July examinees to administer the bar exam. Accordingly, we plan to make our exam materials (MBE, MEE, and MPT) available to those jurisdictions that choose to administer an exam in July.
Where did it say Florida will announce today?

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:52 pm

I have a feeling Florida will keep the exam. They may limit the amount of people who can take it. I noticed that some states have restrictions on first come first serve, or cut off based on post marked date of application. Lets see what happens, who knows.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Where did it say Florida will announce today?
JD Advising Says this ...
"Which states are delaying the July 2020 bar exam and offering a fall bar exam instead? As noted in prior posts, the NCBE has decided to administer a fall bar exam. States have until May 5 to determine whether they wish to administer a July bar exam or delay it (likely about two months) until the Fall. At that time, the NCBE will decide whether it will administer both a July bar exam and a fall bar exam or whether it will only administer a fall bar exam (assuming there is not enough interest in a July bar exam). The questions will be different if both exams are administered."

Looks like all states have until today, May 5 to make their announcement?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm

https://www.floridabarexam.org/web/webs ... endocument

On for July, they're gonna use Tampa and Orlando as sites.

nope.nope.nah.

New

Post by nope.nope.nah. » Tue May 05, 2020 7:34 pm

johngotti wrote:https://www.floridabarexam.org/web/webs ... endocument

and we get to take the whole thing in masks, which will be AWESOME in midsummer Florida.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:24 pm

nope.nope.nah. wrote:

and we get to take the whole thing in masks, which will be AWESOME in midsummer Florida.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:26 pm

nope.nope.nah. wrote:

Yea should be interesting but at least its not canceled. I wonder how they will decide who goes to tampa and orlando.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Tue May 05, 2020 9:13 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
nope.nope.nah. wrote:

Yea should be interesting but at least its not canceled. I wonder how they will decide who goes to tampa and orlando.
From the faq on website:

Can I select either the Tampa or Orlando examination site when applying to take the July 2020 General Bar Examination?

No. The board will assign testing locations to applicants. Applicants who reside in the Tampa area will be assigned to the Tampa Convention Center while applicants who reside in the Orlando area will be assigned to the Orange County Convention Center. Beyond that, applicants will be assigned to one of the two locations based on available space with a focus on maintaining social distancing requirements.

nope.nope.nah.

New

Post by nope.nope.nah. » Tue May 05, 2020 11:23 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
nope.nope.nah. wrote:

Very glad to get it done in July and not have the beginning of work screwed up, no insurance gap between school and employment, etc. But the practicalities... man, they dropped the ball. The fact that the think this is a better idea than using the law schools -- and that they expect everyone to reserve two hotels -- just very Florida of them, lol.

allymariee19

New

Post by allymariee19 » Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 am

For everyone who is taking the Bar in July, I have access to a Google Drive that has a ton of information, MC questions, study guides, & templates plus more. It also has UBE and MPT, MEE study guides so you can send the link and share it with whoever you want. Please send me your email so that I can share it with you! I wish you all the best of luck and would like to help wherever I can.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”