Do you feel like Barbri adequately prepared you for...? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
OhScalia

New

Re: Do you feel like Barbri adequately prepared you for...?

Post by OhScalia » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:14 am

A specific MBE answer used to be here.
Last edited by OhScalia on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

OhScalia

New

Post by OhScalia » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:17 am

alicrimson wrote:
OhScalia wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
OhScalia wrote:I completed 35% of the Babri Pace program and I feel that I was adequately prepared. There were some tricky questions in the MBE, but Barbri's simulated MBE was way harder and only comparable to the PM MBE. I never finished Barbri 100 questions sets with time to spare, but I finished the MBE with about 20 minutes to spare for each section.
I'm the opposite. I did 100% of the paced program and all of the MBE questions (well, minus two mixed sets). I was getting 80%+ correct through the last three weeks and was finishing about an hour early. On the real thing? lol. Much slower and seemed much more difficult. Maybe it wasn't and I'm just more on edge because it's real? Everyone says it was more difficult. I don't know if it was tougher, it was just different. And game day jitters are a very real thing that slows many down.
How in the world did you complete 100% of the Pace Program? My life was absolutely miserable in trying to complete just 35%. I can only imagine. Man, you are a hardworker!!

Correct me if I am wrong, you took FL bar, right? I thought the FL MC was so easy even a caveman could do them. But then I heard everyone was complaining about them. I must have done something wrong.
Adderall is a helluva drug...:p

As for FL MC, I thought the guy that did business entities was spot on. Most of the questions were straight memorization type questions that were in the lecture handouts. I read those tons and I felt really solid about FL like you. I think Barbri did well. I can't speak re: FL civ pro because I took a course for that this past year, so Idk if it was Barbri or that course that prepared me. Either way, FL MC is notoriously you either know the rule or you do don't. It didn't seem like they tried to hide the ball. A lot of barbri studiers liked it, a lot of themis/kaplan kids didn't.

That's exactly what I was thinking. FL MC, you either knew the answer or did not; guessing would not be a smart strategy. I guessed right that Business Entities would come out and I had re-wrote the CMR for each business entities subject and, as a result, I was able to pick each answer quickly. I finished with more than an hour to go even though I am slow test-taker.

OhScalia

New

Post by OhScalia » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:21 am

A specific MBE answer used to be here.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:22 am

Please do not discuss specific answers to MBE questions here. Thanks.

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

I cannot blame BarBri. That MBE was hell and the questions and answer choices had the propensity to be vague and wordy. Like many, I could have crushed it or bombed it. However, I am confident that I was in the running to pick the correct answer on almost every question (getting down to 2 answer choices, one of which was the correct answer)

Overall: The MBE was rough and Barbri's questions seemed easier despite conventional wisdom to the contrary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:40 pm

damn it i missed all the answers.

Diaphanousaurus

New

Post by Diaphanousaurus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 am

I passed the New York bar exam last July and scored a 150 on my MBE. The MBE was my strength so decided not to transfer my score to Illinois this July when I took it again. Barbri's questions prepared me for the MBE last year, however, this July was incredibly different, and Barbri's questions were severely inadequate when compared to the MBE. Barbri will have to completely retool its approach to emulate the "new style" adopted by the examiners. The questions have become much more abstruse, focusing on the minutia, and therefore Barbri did not adequately prepare me for the questions that were on the exam. I completed approximately 1500-1700 this summer and last summer. Unlike last July, I noticed a lot of cross over on topics (e.g., property overlapping with contracts and installments); a lot more a, b, and and b, or neither; and a different style of asking questions requiring much more deduction.

Fortunately, everyone is in a very similar position having taken the same study course and answering the same practice problems. Barbri hasn't changed for a couple years from my understanding. Equally frustrating was the Eighth Amendment question(s), Fair Housing Act (which I have no idea how I managed to get that one right because I haven't studied it), don't take your bushes with you when you sell your home, or lets not forget getting so pathetically precise to convolutedly ask a question relating to Whren. As incredibly confident as I was walking into the MBE, especially with last years success, I hope to quell a lot of peoples' concern believing that it will be heavily curved based on the level of difficulty.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”