Okay ExamSoft, you need to explain yourself Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
crEEp

Bronze

Okay ExamSoft, you need to explain yourself

Post by crEEp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Look, I get that your servers are overwhelmed, but it's not as if this were some spontaneous event. You literally had months to come up with an elastic load balancing solution that was ready to absorb this spike.

I'm now staring at an ominous yellow screen telling me that my upload failed and I got several e-mails from examsoft saying something bad happened. This isn't a fucking game--you're providing a service for which people paid money, and right now it's really shitting the bed. Oh, and you might want to fix that busy signal on your help line.

I'm about to dial everyone in the examsoft company directory until someone tells me wtf I can do right now to back up my exams without triggering the new york c&f gestapo via BOARD RULE 6000.9 ON FRAUD, DISHONESTY AND OTHER MISCONDUCT

/vent

Tanicius

Gold

Re: Okay ExamSoft, you need to explain yourself

Post by Tanicius » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Look, I get that your servers are overwhelmed, but it's not as if this were some spontaneous event. You literally had monthsmore than a decade and dozens of ground zero clones of today twice a year to come up with an elastic load balancing solution that was ready to absorb this spike.
FTFY

Or, you know, they could just not be unreasonable and require everyone to upload it by 9pm on Day 1. they could just give us a week-long window but whatever. Baby boomers gotta boom with their nonsensical alarmist rules.

chicubs88

New

Post by chicubs88 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Illinois Bar sent out an email saying they're not holding us to the original deadline to upload

Bigbub75

Bronze

Post by Bigbub75 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:46 pm

You had one job! One job!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

This is ridiculous. At least Ohio extended their deadline to tomorrow.

Also having these deadlines is ridiculous considering we don't get results for MONTHS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

The busy signal at examsoft really pissed me off. I ended up writing a pretty stern e-mail that I probably won't send. This shit is unreal--they can't genuinely believe that all the nonsense about assuming the risk of examsoft's incompetence is actually enforceable, right?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:24 am

I heard they had a problem with the Mac software. Ours were saved via USB drives instead of network connections.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”