Critical Pass & Flash Card routines Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

Critical Pass & Flash Card routines

Post by LAWYER2 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 am

How have you guys been incorporating the Critical pass, or any other flash cards into your study routine? Are you mastering sets before moving onto the next, or going through all of them on a daily basis?
I just got mine last week, but the goal was to master one set at a time. I go over a set about 10 times, then record an audio file of myself going through them, then listen over an over again, sometimes while going through the set simultaneously.

Neve

Bronze

Re: Critical Pass & Flash Card routines

Post by Neve » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm working on adding a few notes to the Critical Pass MBE Flashcards right now. I've gone through most of the sets once, and they seem really solid. http://criticalpass.refr.cc/3W6LZL6 (referral link)

Over the next three weeks, I plan to go through two to three sets per day (depending on the size of the set). After I go through the sets, then I'll do a Barbri question set. The Barbri website has extra sets to work with - Set A, Set B, MBE drills, and Mixed Sets of 50 - that aren't in the MPQ book.

dudnaito

Bronze

Post by dudnaito » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Neve wrote:I'm working on adding a few notes to the Critical Pass MBE Flashcards right now. I've gone through most of the sets once, and they seem really solid. http://criticalpass.refr.cc/3W6LZL6 (referral link)

Over the next three weeks, I plan to go through two to three sets per day (depending on the size of the set). After I go through the sets, then I'll do a Barbri question set. The Barbri website has extra sets to work with - Set A, Set B, MBE drills, and Mixed Sets of 50 - that aren't in the MPQ book.
Define "mastering." I go through them once a day now that I've got a pretty good handle on most of the rules. I'm using the app version, and frankly I find their "star" system deplorably bad, so I'm just gonna import the cards over to a flashcard software called Anki where i can edit everything, and rely on that instead,

Jay Heizenburg

New

Post by Jay Heizenburg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:37 pm

Note: I posted this in the California Bar Exam thread but thought I'd post it here too for those who aren't taking that exam.

Can those with Critical Pass Flashcards please chime in.

I'm looking to shore up my MBE scores these last couple of weeks, especially in light of Civil Procedure being added this February 2015.

I have the following questions:

1. Considering how late in the game we are, do you think the purchase is worth it? And why?

2. What improvements did you see in the sometimes more difficult or tricky subjects such as Property or Evidence (or whatever subjects that may be for you)?

I'm on the fence and am trying to be either talked down or over.

Thanks, and I got that "blue stuff" if you need it. :wink:

peanut123

New

Post by peanut123 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Jay Heizenburg wrote:Note: I posted this in the California Bar Exam thread but thought I'd post it here too for those who aren't taking that exam.

Can those with Critical Pass Flashcards please chime in.

I'm looking to shore up my MBE scores these last couple of weeks, especially in light of Civil Procedure being added this February 2015.

I have the following questions:

1. Considering how late in the game we are, do you think the purchase is worth it? And why?

2. What improvements did you see in the sometimes more difficult or tricky subjects such as Property or Evidence (or whatever subjects that may be for you)?

I'm on the fence and am trying to be either talked down or over.

Thanks, and I got that "blue stuff" if you need it. :wink:
Totally depends on how you study/learn best. I've found them helpful and a bit more accessible than the Barbri outline, just because I can take in less information at one time. I added my state distinctions where relevant, which not only makes the cards more useful but was a helpful exercise in and of itself (writing helps me internalize). I obviously know nothing about your circumstances but for me, given the huge amount of debt I've taken on to go to law school, another $85 to have a potentially helpful study tool was worth it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Mine just came today. I anticipate using them most for things like Torts and Crim. like above poster said, 85 dollars more at this point is whatever. i might as well overdo it now and never have to worrya bout another test

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49 am

For the most part, there pretty straight forward, I've discovered a couple nuances that wasn't covered in the lectures and vice versus. These will be my primary study material for MBE subjects.
Its taking me about 3 days to get through each set. I've been moving kinda slow, but hope to have them all finished and recorded by next week. I will listen to myself reading them all day/night, even in my sleep on repeat.

ETA - I'm also working out of the Strategies and Tactics for the MBE Emanuel Bar Review book in conjunction with the cards. They have some pretty good tips and fill in the BLL nuances the cards may leave out.

Whomever pointed out that the add'l money spent on these supplements is nothing compared to the coin we dropped on tuition is dead on. Well worth it IMO.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 pm

I thought the critical pass cards did a pretty good job preparing for the MBE!

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 pm

critical pass cards were very, very critical. i'd have done much worse without reviewing them over the week before the exam. they're absolutely worth their price. although that may change now that civ pro is being added

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”