What does your study routine look like? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

What does your study routine look like?

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:56 am

Just wondering how to make the best use of my time. I've been following the Barbri paced-program to a tee, but it's not leaving me much time to outline, and memorize.
I work part-time, usually watch lectures, complete worksheets while at work till 1:00, then do MBE sets at home, then read and review worksheets and the CMR. I've been sporadically completing outlines based on the worksheets but feel like I'm slacking.

What does your day look like?

LouEVille

New

Re: What does your study routine look like?

Post by LouEVille » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:06 pm

An average day has been:
- Class from 9-12 or 12:30
- Lunch until 1 or 1:30
- Paced program stuff like MBE Qs, outlining essays, and reviewing class notes (usually by retyping/reformatting them, depending on how craptastic the lecturer's formatting is) until 6 or 7, with a few short breaks interspersed (sometimes too many :| )
- Break for dinner, maybe a short walk around the neighborhood with my wife to get some fresh air (not sure how much longer this will last) until 8 or 8:30
- For the past week or so, go through Critical Pass flashcards (MBE subjects) and add state distinctions from until 10 or 10:30
- Go to sleep around midnight

Really anxious for classes to end so I can really start memorizing stuff. I don't feel like I'm committing enough time to memorization ATM.

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Even though I'm studying for the California bar, I probably only study eight hours a day. I don't go to the class, but study at home, usually starting at 9 AM. I do 3-4 hours before lunch, sometimes either the lecture or problems/essays. If I do the lecture in the morning, I memorize in the afternoon. I also make sure to spend 2 hours walking or exercising in the afternoon and making myself dinner. Spend more time studying at night, sometimes problems. Spend 30 minutes talking to spouse in the evening. Quit at 9:30 PM to watch an hour of TV. Yeah, that sounds kind of lazy, but it keeps me productive.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 pm

wake up review yesterdays material, lunch, go over todays material, break, go over model answers/mbe practice Qs, dinner, television

maybe like 5-6 hours total

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

wake up do 25 MC questions, lecture, review previous day's lecture, do assigned MC/ essay work, additional 25 MC questions. review a subject before sleep ( lightly skim) all in all about 7-8 hours

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sundontshine

Bronze

Post by sundontshine » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Work 8:30am-6:00pm. Get home around 6:30, read BarOutlines for an hour or so, get tired.bored, watch Netflix, go to sleep. Planning on trying to ramp up the schedule over the next couple weeks, but that's about what it's been lately.

rockylozada

New

Post by rockylozada » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 pm

sundontshine wrote:Work 8:30am-6:00pm. Get home around 6:30, read BarOutlines for an hour or so, get tired.bored, watch Netflix, go to sleep. Planning on trying to ramp up the schedule over the next couple weeks, but that's about what it's been lately.
This, but I do the gym in lieu of Netflix.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”