ExamSoft Upload Issues Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
greenjuice

New

Re: ExamSoft Upload Issues

Post by greenjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:12 pm

alicrimson wrote:
greenjuice wrote:now the program won't even open on my mac... i just get the rainbow pinwheel and i have to force quit. anyone else...?
Try manual. After a while, examsoft got pissy on my mac too. That, and it refused to recognize that I was on the internet. It'll sort out. Just keep calm and keep trying.
Thanks. :)

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Got an email that AM was received. How reliable is that?

Also when I now go into the manual link after logging in just says congrats for uploading the AM, where is the option to manually upload the PM?

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

pizzasodafries wrote:Got an email that AM was received. How reliable is that?

Also when I now go into the manual link after logging in just says congrats for uploading the AM, where is the option to manually upload the PM?
Same, I don't understand how to get my PM essays, I have a mac and it says: Locate the file to upload at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SofTest/1162175/Answers

I don't even get how to do that?

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:25 pm

AJS30 wrote:

Same, I don't understand how to get my PM essays, I have a mac and it says: Locate the file to upload at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SofTest/1162175/Answers

I Kept hitting to upload, I eventually got them both updated

Duchovnysfan

New

Post by Duchovnysfan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Illinois deadline to submit got extended to 7/30 by 9pm cdt per examsoft's facebook pg

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 pm

pizzasodafries wrote:
AJS30 wrote:

I Kept hitting to upload, I eventually got them both updated
But how do I find my PM answers? I have no idea where to get the file

ryno8cubs5

New

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:37 pm

Has anyone just had examsoft just stop trying to upload their exams?

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Ugh this is so stressful. Examsoft basically freezes every time I try to open it now. It gets stuck on that stupid rainbow pinwheel.

I sincerely hope this is fixed by Thursday, because I refuse to handwrite my exam.

Is anybody else having this problem?

greenjuice

New

Post by greenjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:42 pm

thelibear wrote:Ugh this is so stressful. Examsoft basically freezes every time I try to open it now. It gets stuck on that stupid rainbow pinwheel.

I sincerely hope this is fixed by Thursday, because I refuse to handwrite my exam.

That happened to me. I restarted my computer and then chose the button where examsoft doesn't restart the old windows. That worked (but still didn't upload properly)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 pm

greenjuice wrote:
thelibear wrote:Ugh this is so stressful. Examsoft basically freezes every time I try to open it now. It gets stuck on that stupid rainbow pinwheel.

That happened to me. I restarted my computer and then chose the button where examsoft doesn't restart the old windows. That worked (but still didn't upload properly)

I'm sorry, could you explain what you mean "chose the button where examsoft doesn't restart the old windows"? I'm not incredibly tech savvy and I don't understand what you mean =\

greenjuice

New

Post by greenjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 pm

thelibear wrote:
greenjuice wrote:

I'm sorry, could you explain what you mean "chose the button where examsoft doesn't restart the old windows"? I'm not incredibly tech savvy and I don't understand what you mean =\
Oh sorry. For me, once I force quit examsoft using apple -> force quit, the next time I tried to open it, I got a popup saying that Examsoft didn't close properly last time (no duh) and that I could try to restore the windows that were open when I force quit the program (or something like that). If I chose the option where it restored the same windows, it froze again. If I chose the other option, it opened fine. I don't know, Examsoft is now freezing again and won't open, so it might have been a temporary fix. Sorry :(

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:50 pm

greenjuice wrote:
thelibear wrote:
greenjuice wrote:

Oh sorry. For me, once I force quit examsoft using apple -> force quit, the next time I tried to open it, I got a popup saying that Examsoft didn't close properly last time (no duh) and that I could try to restore the windows that were open when I force quit the program (or something like that). If I chose the option where it restored the same windows, it froze again. If I chose the other option, it opened fine. I don't know, Examsoft is now freezing again and won't open, so it might have been a temporary fix. Sorry :(
Thanks for the explanation! I'm just hoping this is all cleared up by Thursday :( I was able to manually upload one of them, but not the other. But if I have to handwrite Thursday because my stupid examsoft is frozen, I will be furious.

Update: Softest successfully uploaded all my files and is no longer frozen. I restarted my computer so maybe that helped. Good luck to everybody trying to upload!!
Last edited by thelibear on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:22 am

AJS30 wrote: Same, I don't understand how to get my PM essays, I have a mac and it says: Locate the file to upload at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/SofTest/1162175/Answers

For people who are still having trouble with this/uploading? Here's the work-around that finally worked (!!!??!?!!) for me. Go to the menu bar and click the pull down menu under "GO" --> Computer --> MacHD --> Llibrary --> Application Support --> SofTest --> You'll see one or two folders with numbers for names, right at the top of your list/page. Open. Inside will be two more folders, one labeled "Answers." Your two (AM/PM) exams should be in there; you can then upload manually.

Hope it helps - hang in there and crush the MBE tomorrow, all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

phl86

New

Post by phl86 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 am

Just looking around for info about this, saw there's an investigation by a class action firm - http://www.chimicles.com/examsoft-july- ... on-lawsuit

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am

phl86 wrote:Just looking around for info about this, saw there's an investigation by a class action firm - http://www.chimicles.com/examsoft-july- ... on-lawsuit
Of course there is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”