Deleted Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Law school is making me miserable

Post by rpupkin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:32 pm

C'mon guys. I'm generally on the libertarian side of criminal defense issues, but we have the exclusionary rule because we want to discourage the police from violating the 4th and 5th amendments. One effect of this is that criminal defendants who would be guilty (if the incriminating evidence were admitted) go free because the improperly obtained evidence is excluded. Even supporters of the exclusionary rule acknowledge this reality.
Last edited by rpupkin on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 pm

is that what op is talking about tho

b/c they r a 1L so they're prob taking crim law, not crim pro

so i'd assume it's something like marital exemption, force requirement, prompt complaint, etc

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:44 pm

Brut wrote:is that what op is talking about tho

b/c they r a 1L so they're prob taking crim law, not crim pro

so i'd assume it's something like marital exemption, force requirement, prompt complaint, etc
Some schools teach crim law and crim pro together as part of the 1L curriculum. I just assumed the OP was talking about exclusionary rule stuff because that's usually what conservatives are complaining about when they reference "technicalities." But, yeah, I don't know for sure what the OP is upset about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”