Duke Rising 2L Taking Question Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
DOOK101

New

Duke Rising 2L Taking Question

Post by DOOK101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Duke Rising 2L bored at work, willing to take questions. Hit me

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Duke Rising 2L Taking Question

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Is there much interest among current law students in any of the joint degree offerings ?

DOOK101

New

Post by DOOK101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:54 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Is there much interest among current law students in any of the joint degree offerings ?
I'm not sure on the exact number of students pursuing dual-degrees, but I'd probably put the figure around 20%. This year was the last year that students were able to start in the summer- aptly termed "Summer Starters" - which would allow those students to complete two degrees during the 3-year JD program. I knew some 1Ls who were also getting MBAs, MPPs (the business school - Fuqua- is next to the law school, and the public policy school is across the street), and MAs in International and Comparative Law and in Law and Entrepreneurship. I'm not sure exactly how the program is going to work now that Duke is no longer offering the Summer Starter option.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 am

Thank you. Great response. Too bad though about the change as I have long viewed this as a very attractive aspect of Duke's law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”