Breaking the Ice with Networking Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
10romeom

New

Breaking the Ice with Networking

Post by 10romeom » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 pm

0L here, and just had a few questions on networking.

Living in State X, going to school in State Y.

I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few attorneys in my area because of my current summer internship. One of the attorneys I met took me too lunch and gave me the contact info of some attorneys she knows where I will be attending school (she checked with them first). My question is, how and when do I reach out to these attorneys? I feel weird sending an email saying " Hey, so and so gave me your info I'm going to school near you in a month etc." I don't wanna come off as overzealous either. Just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks!

suzige

Bronze

Re: Breaking the Ice with Networking

Post by suzige » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 pm

You literally email them and say what you think is stupid to say. If they don't want to answer, trust me, they won't. Otherwise, get used to feeling weird. That's what networking is.

10romeom

New

Re: Breaking the Ice with Networking

Post by 10romeom » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:47 am

suzige wrote:You literally email them and say what you think is stupid to say. If they don't want to answer, trust me, they won't. Otherwise, get used to feeling weird. That's what networking is.
Thanks for the reply! kinda what I was expecting, just looking for some validation.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”