Housing Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Caesar Salad

Diamond

Housing

Post by Caesar Salad » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a question about housing. I am a 0L starting at Seton Hall in the fall, and they provide no housing. I have been looking at apartments and found a couple of really nice high rise buildings with 1 bedrooms in the 13-1600 a month range, I'm looking for cheaper alternatives but when amenities and proximity are factored in it seems like a reasonable option. I was just wondering if people have experience paying rent at this or a similar rate when financing the whole shebang with student loans, or whether student loan money would only be available to pay rent on a cheaper place? Seton Hall's expected COA affords for something like $15k for rent AND food for the year, I expect that was just low balled to make that number prettier on a brochure, but that's just a suspicion. Anyone with any experience/expertise, help would be appreciated--sorry if this question was stupid/nonsense but I have never dealt with loans before, student or otherwise.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”