Law school time management Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawschoolishappening

New

Law school time management

Post by lawschoolishappening » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm sure there are answers about this scattered around the forum, but what are peoples' experience with time management in law school? Is your schedule absurdly crammed with work from the moment you wake up to when you go to bed? Are you able to spend time with family and friends on weekends or evenings? I am trying to gauge what kinds of lifestyle changes to expect.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Law school time management

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 pm

lawschoolishappening wrote:I'm sure there are answers about this scattered around the forum, but what are peoples' experience with time management in law school? Is your schedule absurdly crammed with work from the moment you wake up to when you go to bed? Are you able to spend time with family and friends on weekends or evenings? I am trying to gauge what kinds of lifestyle changes to expect.
It's less work than a job. You'll have plenty of time, in large part because you can get your work done at all hours of the day and week.

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 pm

It varies incredibly widely from person to person. I worked less as a 1L than I did at my pre-law school job, but I know other people who pulled 80 hour weeks all year.

aesth24

Bronze

Post by aesth24 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 am

Nelson wrote:It varies incredibly widely from person to person. I worked less as a 1L than I did at my pre-law school job, but I know other people who pulled 80 hour weeks all year.
May I ask 80 hours of what? Studying...?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”