Best neighborhood to live in D.C. Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
ncsan22

New

Best neighborhood to live in D.C.

Post by ncsan22 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm going to be working in D.C. next year after I graduate and was wondering if any law students/graduates had suggestions for good neighborhoods to live in. I'd like to be as close to judiciary square as possible or a metro stop. My max budget would probably be around $1800 a month, but obviously I'd like to spend less than that if possible. I'll probably be living by myself as well. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

chuckbass

Platinum

Re: Best neighborhood to live in D.C.

Post by chuckbass » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:44 pm

I would say look in Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan. Both are really nice and pretty safe areas, but definitely the more expensive in DC. They're also great areas for nightlife as well. Conveniently for you they're both on the red line, and judiciary square is a few stops to the east on the red line as well.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Woodley Park/Adams Morgan, Logan Circle, Dupont Circle

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Dupont. Beautiful row houses and apartments, quiet, safe, great bars and restaurants, close to supermarkets and the Metro.

It's by far the best.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Cop dat Cleveland Park, bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paintbynumbers

New

Post by paintbynumbers » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Dupont is pretty nice, right on the red line too, same as judiciary square. Can find places around/maybe under $1800.

Chinatown/area around Verizon center is pretty nice as well, lots of bars, hockey and basketball games, great restaurants, close to judiciary square.

If your looking to same some money living in VA would not be that bad. Around Arlington and Ballston can be a bit cheaper and not that bad a ride into City.

Bethesda is nice too although it is outside the city, but a short metro in and on the red line as well. Could potentially save some cash too.

anela00

Bronze

Post by anela00 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Woodley Park, Cleveland Park, and Van Ness are on the red line (Judiciary Square is also on the red line). It will take you about 10 minutes on the Metro to get to Judiciary Square from any of those neighborhoods. Dupont Circle is more expensive than those 3 but nice, and Adams Morgan is nice, but expensive and a pain to get around from (Woodley Park is the nearest metro stop and it's about 10-20 minute walk, depending on where you live).

I live in Cleveland Park and HIGHLY recommend it.

ncsan22

New

Post by ncsan22 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Thank you all very much. I'm grateful for the help!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:51 am

Good luck! The district is a really awesome place, I hope you enjoy it!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”