UDC CHEATING Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
dresden doll

Platinum

Re: UDC CHEATING

Post by dresden doll » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52 am

romothesavior wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Reminds me of my torts professor that laughs when he talks about how much students hate him and curvs to a 2.4, failing lower performers when every other professor doesn't fail any students that show up, knowing that our entire careers basically hinge on 1L grades and that the other section's tort professor curves to a 3.0..........yeah, I went there. :wink:
Can I just ask, how is this allowed? Don't schools usually have a standard grade they curve to in order to combat against potential section discrepancies?
Mine certainly does and all should. The one benefit of the curve is that it standardizes differences across instructors, something that's really an issue in a curveless environment, of which I'd know a thing or two.

It's bullshit to have GPA hinge in part on whether you wind up with an instructor that curves to 2.4 or 3.0.

rdcws000

Bronze

Post by rdcws000 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:07 am

"Snitches get stitches."
This is awesome. This can't really be legit can it?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 pm

dresden doll wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
A'nold wrote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Reminds me of my torts professor that laughs when he talks about how much students hate him and curvs to a 2.4, failing lower performers when every other professor doesn't fail any students that show up, knowing that our entire careers basically hinge on 1L grades and that the other section's tort professor curves to a 3.0..........yeah, I went there. :wink:
Can I just ask, how is this allowed? Don't schools usually have a standard grade they curve to in order to combat against potential section discrepancies?
Mine certainly does and all should. The one benefit of the curve is that it standardizes differences across instructors, something that's really an issue in a curveless environment, of which I'd know a thing or two.

It's bullshit to have GPA hinge in part on whether you wind up with an instructor that curves to 2.4 or 3.0.
Whew good... I thought so. I know WUSTL curves to like 87.5 across the board in 1L classes and distributions are supposed to be the same across all profs.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”