Paper Mailing LORs Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawluvr123

New

Paper Mailing LORs

Post by lawluvr123 » Wed May 22, 2024 6:11 pm

If you are paper mailing many of your COA apps, is it looked down upon to send your LORs in the envelope with all of your materials if all of your professors/ previous employees sent you a copy of the letter?

I had done this to get my district court clerkship and am a little worried because many people on this thread have said it must be "sealed" or "under separate cover." We do not really have a robust or attentive clerkship office at my school, also.

Anonymous User

Re: Paper Mailing LORs

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pm

I did this and received several invitations for interviews. I did not receive any indication that my application was not well-received because I did that. (Like you, I did not have a great clerkship office at my law school.)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”