Clerkship Strategy Advice Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship Strategy Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:40 pm

Background: 2L, top 1% at T50, law review e-board, RA for prof, USDOJ & (non-partisan) Congressional internships this summer. FedSoc but definitely willing to work for a liberal, and NOT willing to work for someone who would draw negative attention for a future nonpartisan federal job.

Midwest born & raised but targeting East Coast for family reasons. Hoping to clerk for a federal district judge starting 2025 and circuit judge 2026. Not interested in bankruptcy or magistrate.

Career office has not been much help, apparently the clerkship director is very new at doing this. School has a relatively low placement rate compared to peer schools. Should I just apply everywhere I'd be willing to work and see what sticks? Have I missed any boats yet?

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Strategy Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 pm

Apply everywhere you'd be willing to work and see what sticks. Very few people have the luxury to be choosy about these types of things and you aren't one of them. (No offense! I'm not one of them either.)

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Strategy Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 pm

Apply everywhere. Also what state are you in. SSC might be a good option and those often lead to federal circuit and/or federal district.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”