Colorado Supreme Court? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 pm

So I technically have the school/grades/etc for a federal clerkship, but I'm increasingly interested in natural resources/water law--how is the Colorado Supreme Court for clerking and how much water/land/natres law do they actually cover?

Edit: also, does anyone know if CJ Boatright's posting for a 2024 clerkship is accurate or nah?

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 pm
So I technically have the school/grades/etc for a federal clerkship, but I'm increasingly interested in natural resources/water law--how is the Colorado Supreme Court for clerking and how much water/land/natres law do they actually cover?

Edit: also, does anyone know if CJ Boatright's posting for a 2024 clerkship is accurate or nah?
AFAIK it'd be on-topic. But if you have the fed clerkship credentials, why not target 10th Cir. & Districts like Col. and Ala.?

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:06 pm

CO Supreme is particularly good for water law. It's the only state with a water court, and there is a by-right appeal to the CO Supreme Court. I heard they get around six water cases per year. Hawaii and Vermont are also interesting for environmental law. Both have an environmental court with a by right appeal to the state supreme court. Hawaii is the only state with a state land use commission and a by right appeal from land use decisions to the state supreme court. But of the three, Colorado is probably the most prestigious because the court is more influential.

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 pm
So I technically have the school/grades/etc for a federal clerkship, but I'm increasingly interested in natural resources/water law--how is the Colorado Supreme Court for clerking and how much water/land/natres law do they actually cover?

Edit: also, does anyone know if CJ Boatright's posting for a 2024 clerkship is accurate or nah?
AFAIK it'd be on-topic. But if you have the fed clerkship credentials, why not target 10th Cir. & Districts like Col. and Ala.?
Well, I do have a future COA clerkship, just not one relevant to this region or these areas. I'm somewhat hesitant to do a double-COA, while COA + SSC (or COA + DC + SSC) would be a diverse enough set of experiences and would get me exposure to different areas of law and levels of practice while I figure out what I want to do long-term.

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 am

Yeah do COA + SSC. It's increasingly common and gets you elite outcomes while developing a mixed skill set. I guess you can also do COA + SSC + DC if you really want to, but I can't imagine the third clerkship provides any extra skills besides enjoyment if you like clerking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 am
Yeah do COA + SSC. It's increasingly common and gets you elite outcomes while developing a mixed skill set. I guess you can also do COA + SSC + DC if you really want to, but I can't imagine the third clerkship provides any extra skills besides enjoyment if you like clerking.
The DC clerkship provides more skills than the two appellate clerkships combined. I’d highly encourage you to seek a district court clerkship if you want to do two. And I say this as someone who did only a COA clerkship.

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:07 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:58 am
Yeah do COA + SSC. It's increasingly common and gets you elite outcomes while developing a mixed skill set. I guess you can also do COA + SSC + DC if you really want to, but I can't imagine the third clerkship provides any extra skills besides enjoyment if you like clerking.
The DC clerkship provides more skills than the two appellate clerkships combined. I’d highly encourage you to seek a district court clerkship if you want to do two. And I say this as someone who did only a COA clerkship.
Eh I agree that DC is prob the most practical of all three, but it's not really necessary. SSC + COA gives you good appellate perspectives on state and federal law. Also not the end of the world if OP ends up doing three, but my vote is for SSC + COA.

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 am

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anyone heard anything from Colorado Supreme Court applications?

Anonymous User
Posts: 428454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Colorado Supreme Court?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:41 am
Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anyone heard anything from Colorado Supreme Court applications?
CJ Boatright is still hiring for 2024, but apparently has no defined timeline. Otherwise no.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”