Two interviews in one day Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Two interviews in one day

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:11 pm

I have a virtual and an in person interview on the same day, for judges on the same court. What do I do if I receive an (exploding) offer right after the first interview? Would it be bad form to cancel an in person interview right before it's scheduled to happen?

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I want to make sure I'm being respectful and not committing any faux pas. I also would just like to reduce as many unknowns as possible. Thank you :)

Anonymous User

Re: Two interviews in one day

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:30 pm

COA or district?

johndonne

New

Post by johndonne » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:02 pm

Especially since they are in the same court, I'd make sure both judges are aware that the other is interviewing that day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm

johndonne wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:02 pm
Especially since they are in the same court, I'd make sure both judges are aware that the other is interviewing that day.
How? Perhaps I should call my school's clerkship office for advice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm
johndonne wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:02 pm
How? Perhaps I should call my school's clerkship office for advice.
I would just email who you talked to when you planned the interview. You don't need to make it seem like you are trying to pressure them, but it would be best for all parties to be informed here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:14 pm

I think if it is district court then both judges will know and you will not get an offer until the end of day. I’m guessing this is COA and if it’s the 9th then I have an idea the two are.

I’d explain the situation to the first judge you are interviewing. If they still offer, then I’d accept on the spot.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 pm

The exploding offer/accept on the spot norm no longer really exists. You should talk to both, it would be very unreasonable for a judge to not let you do one the same afternoon, and I highly doubt they will.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”