What type of clerkship should I realistically be aiming for? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: What type of clerkship should I realistically be aiming for?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:44 am
reviving this thread

specifically, what would OP's rough rank be at CCN, with their 3.55 GPA? top 25-35%? I'm also a recent grad, with stats very similar to OP's (right around a 3.60) and hoping to stay in the NY/NJ area if possible. Asking bc virtually all the other clerkship threads talking about CCN circle back to the 3.8/RBG/magna cutoff...which I do not meet lol. Any hope for top 30-35% (??) of the class at CCN?
With enough diligence and work experience, you can get a clerkship in the area. There are plenty of CLS students around your stats that end up with an SDNY/EDNY clerkship.

Anonymous User

Re: What type of clerkship should I realistically be aiming for?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:44 am
reviving this thread

specifically, what would OP's rough rank be at CCN, with their 3.55 GPA? top 25-35%? I'm also a recent grad, with stats very similar to OP's (right around a 3.60) and hoping to stay in the NY/NJ area if possible. Asking bc virtually all the other clerkship threads talking about CCN circle back to the 3.8/RBG/magna cutoff...which I do not meet lol. Any hope for top 30-35% (??) of the class at CCN?
If he is at NYU I could see a 3.55 maybe being in the top 35%ish. I think Columbia has a lot more grade inflation during the 2L or 3L year so I don't think 3.55 is going to be top third. OP is probably not at Chicago and who knows what their percentiles are.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”