What makes each circuit special/what are the distinctive caseloads for each Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: What makes each circuit special/what are the distinctive caseloads for each

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:55 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:34 am
What leads you to say the Trump appointees are hyperconservative? The general reputation of the ones I know of—especially Bibas who’s the highest-profile—is that they’re pretty mainstream. Any impressions of specific judges you’d be willing to share, especially the new ones, would be welcome.
What little I've heard about Matey suggests he's staking out a position pretty far to the right, and hires mostly Federalist Society clerks. A big shift from the judge he replaced.
FWIW, in my experience on CA3, a lot of the less collegial and “willing to meet in the middle” judges were older ones (Smith, Shwartz biggest two we encountered. Shwartz always wrote her own opinions before the panel could even weigh in or she’d see the majority). They both talked a lot about collegiality…until there was any disagreement with the way they wanted things.

Matey’s clerks weren’t overly conservative, but that could change as he’s on the bench longer. They all seemed to really love him and he seemed like a great guy.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”