2 Years Required Judges Who Recruit on a Rolling Basis

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
purplegoldtornado

Bronze

2 Years Required Judges Who Recruit on a Rolling Basis

Post by purplegoldtornado » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm

I am a 2L, and I have come across some judges who require 2 years of grades but recruit on an ongoing basis. Does this mean that I still have to wait until I get a full two years of grades, or could I submit something now and amend later?

Edit: Another question. For judges who take apps on a rolling basis, should I submit these apps via e-mail now? I heard that on OSCAR, they get the apps all at the same time, so I think it would almost defeat the purpose of applying early if I did it through OSCAR.

Anonymous User

Re: 2 Years Required Judges Who Recruit on a Rolling Basis

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:40 pm

purplegoldtornado wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:27 pm
I am a 2L, and I have come across some judges who require 2 years of grades but recruit on an ongoing basis. Does this mean that I still have to wait until I get a full two years of grades, or could I submit something now and amend later?

Edit: Another question. For judges who take apps on a rolling basis, should I submit these apps via e-mail now? I heard that on OSCAR, they get the apps all at the same time, so I think it would almost defeat the purpose of applying early if I did it through OSCAR.
Judges that state they recruit on a rolling basis are usually referring to apps by 3Ls and postgrads, not 2Ls. If they say they want 2 yrs of grades, they want 2Ls to apply on plan. Of course, there are judges that claim they recruit on plan and don't, but you'd only know if they were doing that if you had a connection.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Two answer your second question, emailing an on-plan judge an early app will not help you and may hurt you. Their rolling applications are for 3Ls and graduates, not for you. But you can email off-plan judges who are taking apps.

purplegoldtornado

Bronze

Post by purplegoldtornado » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:02 am

Thanks all. Another couple of questions. With the judges who only have an "online" submission, what if there is no actual way to submit? I see no way to upload my documents. Also, what if you can't find a judge's email or address? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

If a judge only accepts online applications, they are most likely on-plan. Online means OSCAR, which doesn't release apps until June. But you should be able to upload documents to OSCAR now I believe. There may be some judges who are off-plan but forgot to have their JA put up an email or mailing address, though I don't remember any from when I applied, and for them paper apps to the courthouse may be your best bet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”