California Supreme Court Justice Martin Jenkins

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

California Supreme Court Justice Martin Jenkins

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:41 pm

This might be a long shot, but does anyone have any information about California Supreme Court Justice Martin Jenkins, including his hiring practices for term law clerks, chambers culture, or any other relevant information?

I've applied online (https://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm) and haven't heard back.

Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: California Supreme Court Justice Martin Jenkins

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 am

Anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm

I don't know what his hiring practices are. The Cal Sup Ct and most other CA courts hire career staff attorneys, not clerks, but I think Liu and Cuellar hire term clerks each year. Looks like Jenkins will join them.

My boss knows him personally and says he is a wonderful guy. He talked at a bar event I went to a couple years back and he was really impressive. The general consensus is that he's brilliant and down to earth.

Hopeful29clerk

New

Post by Hopeful29clerk » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm
I don't know what his hiring practices are. The Cal Sup Ct and most other CA courts hire career staff attorneys, not clerks, but I think Liu and Cuellar hire term clerks each year. Looks like Jenkins will join them.

My boss knows him personally and says he is a wonderful guy. He talked at a bar event I went to a couple years back and he was really impressive. The general consensus is that he's brilliant and down to earth.
OP here.

That's great to hear! Any idea how I might be able to find inside information about his hiring practices?

Feel free to message me if you're not comfortable posting about it publicly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Hopeful29clerk wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm

OP here.

That's great to hear! Any idea how I might be able to find inside information about his hiring practices?

Feel free to message me if you're not comfortable posting about it publicly.
No idea, sorry.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”