How to address letter of rec? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

How to address letter of rec?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm

This might be a very dumb question, but how are recommenders supposed to address letters? The letter in question comes from an employer. I don't have a fixed set of judges because I want to apply generally and as positions open up.

jackshunger

Bronze

Re: How to address letter of rec?

Post by jackshunger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm
This might be a very dumb question, but how are recommenders supposed to address letters? The letter in question comes from an employer. I don't have a fixed set of judges because I want to apply generally and as positions open up.
To each specific judge. There are macros that can make this easy for generating large numbers of letters.

Anonymous User

Re: How to address letter of rec?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:46 pm
I had an externship supervisor write me a clerkship rec, and they just addressed it To Whom It May Concern. Mail merge, as the previous reply suggested, is probably better to make it more personalized, but I wouldn't say strictly necessary. Faculty recommenders have (1) assistants (2) who know how to process clerkship rec letters, neither of which are always true for an employer recommender.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”