Preparing for Federal Circuit interviews Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Preparing for Federal Circuit interviews

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:51 am

Recent grad from a T25. I have two interviews with judges on the Federal Circuit. I've never had an appellate interview before. What's the best way to prepare? I have a demonstrated interest in patent law, am a registered patent agent, and will have two years of patent lit experience from a V10 before the clerkship begins.

BansheeScream

New

Re: Preparing for Federal Circuit interviews

Post by BansheeScream » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:50 pm

The best way to prepare is probably to speak to past clerks. Preferably either alums of your school or attorneys at your firm. Practice interviews can be helpful. I did one with a professor on the clerkship committee and while it was helpful, it was nothing like what my CoA interview ended up being like.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Ask your school's career office if they have records of past interviews. Ours does, and some of them are quite detailed.

justanotherlurker

New

Post by justanotherlurker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:09 am

You may already be up to speed on the latest CAFC news, but be sure to have a handle on some of the hot-button patent issues before the Court. They're not going to grill you about intricacies of burden shifting in interference actions, but you should have some thoughts on Section 101, for example.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”