CA9 Plan Adherence

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

CA9 Plan Adherence

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Looks like Ikuta is explicitly off plan and Watford is explicitly on plan. Anyone know how good the adherence to Plan is among Fletch and Friedland? Also, how open are they to conservatives / non-liberals?

Anonymous User

Re: CA9 Plan Adherence

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:18 pm

No intel about ideological preferences, but I am 99% sure Fletcher and Friedland are both on-plan. They both filled all their spots during the first week of the plan this year. I think they both want applications through OSCAR too, which is only possible on-plan. Also none of my profs/career services people told me to apply to them early when I expressed interest, like they did for some other judges.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Fletcher definitely hires clerks who are politically moderate and/or not in ACS. But I'd be surprised if, barring some special circumstance, he hired someone who was clearly conservative. There are more than enough excellent liberal law clerks, and I don't get the sense that he cares as much as some about being a feeder.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:35 am

Friedland is definitely on plan. Frankly I don’t know any liberal Ninth Circuit judges who aren’t on the plan.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”