Writing Your Own Letter of Rec

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Writing Your Own Letter of Rec

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:53 pm

A professor has asked me to write my letter of rec and he'll sign off. I know this happens sometimes, but I have no idea where to even start, and my friends who have applied didn't ever get to see their letters. Are there any resources/templates anyone is aware of for this kind of thing? Also open to general advice about doing this if anyone else has been through it.

Anon-non-anon

Bronze

Re: Writing Your Own Letter of Rec

Post by Anon-non-anon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Google some for the topic area you're talking about. Write the most positive thing they'll sign off on and could actually speak to in case they get a call. There's a pretty standard format you can find, especially for clerkship letters.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”