Interview to Offer Timeline

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Interview to Offer Timeline

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi all and thanks in advance,

Would people who were hired for a clerkship either this year or last (since the Plan) post the time it took from interview to offer? I know this differs judge to judge, but I wanted to get an idea of what is common.

Anonymous User

Re: Interview to Offer Timeline

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Interview request at noon on the dot on 6/16. Interview that afternoon. Offer given during interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:03 pm

I interviewed one afternoon and received my offer the following afternoon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Applying off-plan. Interview requested almost immediately. Did the interview two days later. Offer came a few hours after the interview.

(Edit: I am poster below)
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reese1

New

Post by Reese1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Ignore my previous post. I misunderstood what OP meant by "since the plan."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm

Only data-point I can give for an offer was a judge who requested an interview about 24 hours after receiving the application, scheduled the interview for the next day, and offered on the spot. That was a little later in the hiring process. Also got an interview at 12:01 on June 16, scheduled for the next morning, got a rejection email one day after the interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:21 pm

Two interviews in which I received offers same day (a few hours later). Third interview, the judge had still not made a decision when I contacted chambers several days later (did so because another offer was expiring). It can vary - some judges may want to interview all their candidates first.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Both judges I clerked for do all the interviews (over a week-ish) and then make offers at the end. So, if a candidate that they make an offer to is on the last day of interviews, the person may get the offer on the same day as the interview (but it isn't an indication that the judge liked them more than the person who has to wait a few days to get an offer). Even on the plan, their attitude is basically that if they liked someone who got snatched up by someone else in the meantime, then oh well-- they weren't going to make a decision before finishing the interviews they'd scheduled. So, the timeline for them is anywhere from that day to a week later.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:44 am

It may also depend on what the judge has going on, and in what time of the year you're interviewing. I did not interview during the summer and it took over 2 weeks to hear back, partially because the judge had some big matter(s) to attend to around the time I was interviewing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”