COA clerks who were interviewing...where do you stand now?

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

COA clerks who were interviewing...where do you stand now?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 am

I don't know how many COA clerks were clerking without post-clerkship employment already determined, but I am curious to hear stories about what fellow clerks are doing, assuming that their term is wrapping up in the next couple of months. Are your judges helping out in any way? Anybody being permitted to stay on longer than 1 year?

Anonymous User

Re: COA clerks who were interviewing...where do you stand now?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:09 pm

Not COA clerk, but district. My judge let me extend my clerkship

Anonymous User

Re: COA clerks who were interviewing...where do you stand now?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 am
I don't know how many COA clerks were clerking without post-clerkship employment already determined, but I am curious to hear stories about what fellow clerks are doing, assuming that their term is wrapping up in the next couple of months. Are your judges helping out in any way? Anybody being permitted to stay on longer than 1 year?
There were two clerks in my chambers without post-clerkship employment already determined. One is doing a third (unplanned) clerkship, the other does not yet have a position.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”