Withdraw applications after accepting offer (off-plan)?

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Withdraw applications after accepting offer (off-plan)?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:10 pm

This is probably trivial, but I applied off-plan, was offered a clerkship, and accepted it. Because I did not go through OSCAR, I do not have the easy withdraw option.

I have a couple of other apps in that have not generated any response. Is it easier for chambers to get the notification from me now proactively or only if/when movement occurs on my application?

MarkmanPapers

New

Re: Withdraw applications after accepting offer (off-plan)?

Post by MarkmanPapers » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:10 pm
This is probably trivial, but I applied off-plan, was offered a clerkship, and accepted it. Because I did not go through OSCAR, I do not have the easy withdraw option.

I have a couple of other apps in that have not generated any response. Is it easier for chambers to get the notification from me now proactively or only if/when movement occurs on my application?
Just be prepared to decline the interview request if any of those judges reach out. No need to affirmatively contact 30 judges you applied to by paper to decline their consideration, unless you want to reverse flex or something.

Possible exception for judges/chambers you have already had substantial individualized communication with.

Anonymous User

Re: Withdraw applications after accepting offer (off-plan)?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:17 pm

MarkmanPapers wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:16 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:10 pm

Just be prepared to decline the interview request if any of those judges reach out. No need to affirmatively contact 30 judges you applied to by paper to decline their consideration, unless you want to reverse flex or something.

Possible exception for judges/chambers you have already had substantial individualized communication with.
Thanks! I only applied to 5 judges total and have only had any communication at all with the chambers I got the offer from, so it sounds like I can rest easy and just react as needed.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”