Delaware Supreme Court Clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Delaware Supreme Court Clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Prestige for clerking on Del. Supreme Ct? Any bump for clerking with Montgomery-Reeves who previously served as a Vice Chancellor on the Delaware Chancery Court?

Anonymous User

Re: Delaware Supreme Court Clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Marginally less than the Chancery Court itself. I assume there's a disparity between the ex-Chancery justices and not. My understanding is that the ex-Chancellors are given almost exclusive reign over the Chancery cases that reach SCODe.

All in all, a solid credential to have. Possibly the best SSC clerkship behind NY and CA; or at least, close to it.

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Post by LBJ's Hair » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:35 pm

I don't think many (if any) people in the NY market know the difference between individual Delaware Supreme Court justices. I certainly wouldn't, and feel like I'm fairly (perhaps overly) attuned to the various clerkship gradations. Just look it as the Delaware Supreme Court, which is a notch below Delaware Chancery

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Marginally less than the Chancery Court itself. I assume there's a disparity between the ex-Chancery justices and not. My understanding is that the ex-Chancellors are given almost exclusive reign over the Chancery cases that reach SCODe.

All in all, a solid credential to have. Possibly the best SSC clerkship behind NY and CA; or at least, close to it.
not sure about the credential, but experience-wise the big corporate decisions are almost always going to come from CJ Seitz or Valihura now (neither are ex-chancellors).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:44 pm

Has Court of Chancery/Del Supreme Court made hiring decisions for 2021 Clerkships?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has Court of Chancery/Del Supreme Court made hiring decisions for 2021 Clerkships?
Both are full for 2021. Source: Rejection letter received by Court of Chancery and clerkship page provided here: https://courts.delaware.gov/supreme/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Marginally less than the Chancery Court itself. I assume there's a disparity between the ex-Chancery justices and not. My understanding is that the ex-Chancellors are given almost exclusive reign over the Chancery cases that reach SCODe.

not sure about the credential, but experience-wise the big corporate decisions are almost always going to come from CJ Seitz or Valihura now (neither are ex-chancellors).
What makes you think that? Obviously Seitz gets to assign opinions but why assume Valihura and not Montgomery-Reeves who just came from Chancery?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has Court of Chancery/Del Supreme Court made hiring decisions for 2021 Clerkships?
Both are full for 2021. Source: Rejection letter received by Court of Chancery and clerkship page provided here: https://courts.delaware.gov/supreme/
Thank you
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Did you receive a rejection after interviewing?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Received rejection after interviewing with Chancery

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Received rejection after interviewing with Chancery
How soon after your interview did you hear back?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
When I click on the Clerkship page for the Supreme Court it doesn't show anything about being full for 2021. Are you referring to the word doc that it makes you download?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”