Coming back to firm after clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Coming back to firm after clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 pm

i am a 2nd-year associate at a V5, heading off to a COA in a couple of months. i get the feeling that my firm will welcome me back next year after the clerkship ends, but I would feel way more safe if i could get somebody at this firm to confirm it for me.

from an ethics standpoint, can i even get the firm to confirm that they will take me back? has anybody else been in this position? did you just get a handshake and a promise, or was anything written down?

Anonymous User

Re: Coming back to firm after clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i am a 2nd-year associate at a V5, heading off to a COA in a couple of months. i get the feeling that my firm will welcome me back next year after the clerkship ends, but I would feel way more safe if i could get somebody at this firm to confirm it for me.

from an ethics standpoint, can i even get the firm to confirm that they will take me back? has anybody else been in this position? did you just get a handshake and a promise, or was anything written down?
Depends on the judge. You're allowed to accept an offer, if the firm will give one, and the judge allows it.

15 styx

New

Re: Coming back to firm after clerkship

Post by 15 styx » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:51 pm

FME: A handshake and a promise works.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”