Ending clerkship late. Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Ending clerkship late.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 am

Current d.ct. clerk, will be starting a CoA clerkship in 2015. The clerkship is located in a large state that has a couple cities listed among the top legal markets, and I would like to work in either. There is a chance that the clerkship may go a year and a half and end in January. I want to go into biglaw when I come out of the clerkship and have biglaw summer associate experience (though I will likely not return to the firm where I summered as it is in a different market).

Will the end time of my CoA clerkship raise an issue with firms? I would be able to start immediately in January but not before. And related question, when does one apply for a job starting at a nontraditional time?

Anonymous User

Re: Ending clerkship late.

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:31 pm

No issue with firm.

Apply the same time as regular cycle, just note on cover letter that you are starting later (Jan. starting date).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”